+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introducing the Data Mines forum

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold

Introducing the Data Mines forum

We now have a new forum category, called the Data Mines. Several Mabination members are what I like to call "mabinogi scientists", in that they like to experiment and collect data about the game or otherwise harvest information in one way or another about what makes mabinogi tick.

Nexon apparently calls this "data mining" and doesn't like it. I don't think nexon gets to decide what information people can and can't have about the mechanics of the game. Since the mabinogi world wiki doesn't seem to share that opinion I figure I would give a dedicated section for people to be able to share this data with people.

This forum is here for the community to have easy and equal access to data people want to share, so I'm open to suggestions on how to make it easier for people to achieve that goal.

Examples of things that belong in the data mines:
    • Confirmation (backed by evidence) of rumors about how X works or that Y exists in the playable game
    • Data obtained via packet logging
    • Data obtained by looking into your computer's RAM while the game is running
    • Data obtained from client-side game files
    • Data obtained from server-side game files or other files that may have been leaked
    • Data or information obtained through in-game testing/experiments
    • Information/media/data obtained from foreign versions of the game that may be too technical in nature to belong in the foreign content section

Examples of things that do not belong in the data mines:
    • Gameplay guides that make use of the above mentioned data
    • Requests for information
    • Discussions of game data that isn't yet published (i.e: don't make a thread to discuss the mechanics of special upgrades until the thread providing the data for it has been created, at which point the discussion will be in that thread)
    • unethical data (i.e: you decided to hack nexon and got a database dump, that's not the kind of data we want to mine.)

All the usual forum rules also apply, necro posting is allowed if relevant.

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Woot! Awesome! Thanks for this Osay, greatly appreciate it.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

It's Showtime.

<span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span> has disabled reputation <span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Maybe we can get some more contributors other than Rydian ;)

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I know there's probably a lot of posts we missed too that should now belong in there. So if anyone knows of any let us know.

Another place that might have good data is user groups: http://mabination.com/group.php
    I'm sure I seen one or two back in the day with experiments/tests in them. If anyone knows of any they should copy them to that section, since groups are one type of data that can't be migrated to new versions of vbulletin or xenforo, so if one day I ever do upgrade that data would be lost.

much pumpkin Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Taycat
    Total Level
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Witch's Brewery
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Taycat
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Witch's Brewery
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Now a few of the peeps who do KR testing can finally post what they find for the curious.

+ Reply to Thread