+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Server Transfer

The Grandma Fighter Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    No clue, maybe.

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I remember them cutting back on the number of channels per server down to like 25.

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    K, I updated the first post with the current list of items that you can't transfer with. I pulled the DB out of r204 and the matching names come from the US localization files, so anything in Korean is unreleased in the US anyways.

Mabination User Dragoolfire the bear slayer at age 10
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Vates
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I think, with IGN, that all that have been used should be completely removed so that we could restart from scratch with them.

--- Merged Double Post ---

Also, I never understood why they added a fourth server in NA. Was it actually ever needed?
    the Golden Vate

Mabination User Daakun the aspiring sailor Daakun the aspiring sailor Daakun's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Daakun
    Total Level
    168XX
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Druid
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Alexina was added back when we got elves and giants; probably the only excuse for a "fresh start" server the game has ever had.
    It's a secret to everybody.

The Lazy Kouki the aspiring sailor Kouki the aspiring sailor Kouki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Vetur
    Total Level
    1xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydian View Post
    If pets could not be logged into anymore (and thus would just have display names and not character names), that would free up a ton of space in the name pool, so to speak. That's one of the things that would be required to make an automatic full merge possible.

I mean, think about how many pets the average established player has, even the newbies and stuff use up at least 2 names per player with the default horse, then there's all the event pets and saga pets people didn't even buy. The average player on Mabi probably has ~9+ names in the name pool used up even if they only have one "normal" character. Multiply that by all the players and you have a huge obstacle.

And yeah, one huge server with tons of channels please.
    This.
    Though I wish they would just adopt the name system of games like PSO2, where you can have any name even if it's taken, and people can differentiate/find you by a separate name like a family name for your whole account that would be visible in the character info/friends list.
    The only con to this that I can think, is that you might be limited to one guild per account, unless they allow us to join multiple guilds like in Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Osayidan View Post
    As for character names highest level would be one way to do it, though I think character creation date would probably be them more logical approach.
    I honestly think it's better if they also check for activity, to be sure that person has logged in within the past year or two, at least, because it would be nice to clear up names of people who rushed to make a character on the first day, then quit permanently.
    Last edited by Kouki; 02-20-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    Ruairi - Kohagura, Vetur, Peaness

The Grandma Fighter Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    The only con to this that I can think, is that you might be limited to one guild per account, unless they allow us to join multiple guilds like in Guild Wars 2.
    You can join multiple guilds in a game called guild wars 2? Sounds like competition.

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapra View Post
    You can join multiple guilds in a game called guild wars 2? Sounds like competition.
    Well you choose which one you want to represent at any given time. Could be that you have friends who are in different guilds. Or you have guilds that aren't really serious and are just a joke.

I wonder how alive the NA servers are at this point anyways. Enough to merge servers? Or are people still throwing their money at Nexon.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofrunes View Post
    Well you choose which one you want to represent at any given time. Could be that you have friends who are in different guilds. Or you have guilds that aren't really serious and are just a joke.

I wonder how alive the NA servers are at this point anyways. Enough to merge servers? Or are people still throwing their money at Nexon.
    Upon further inspection, Ruairi is officially deceased.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Osayidan View Post
    Upon further inspection, Ruairi is officially deceased.
    Good riddance, he was a jerk even back in Generation 1.

+ Reply to Thread