Guess we know Morrighan's likes now.
Alright updated, added just Emain since it has a lot of NPCs to go through.
Secret Part-Time Jobs and junk are interesting.
Funny how Cor NPCs tend to be using existing ones as templates with varying amounts of stuff left in.
- Dock NPC
- Unlike most NPCs, has the valentines' event stuff commented out.
- Is using the old rafting setup, so nothing else is here that applies.
- Has part-time job setups (type 5, Healer) and other data copied from healer NPCs (Dilys specifically it seems), but will not allow you to trigger or complete them. His copies appear to be pretty old, of the KR-only Dilys backup (using the older NPC format without external localization files).
- Was set up for a secret shop, but the check and trigger were commented out.
- Has lots of responses for different Favor levels, so he might be a good source of lore.
- Feels very strongly about all of his likes and dislikes.
And he ends up liking Anthology a lot.
- Also has part-time job setups, but different ones than Kousai. She's set to type 10, tailor PTJ. She was copied from Ailionoa, and like Kousai her PTjs will not trigger or turn in.
- Her Mana Shield quest internals refer to the player's party as love_party and the non-leader as "lover". Has some math to determine if the couple is close enough for her to see, a comment says...
- Gets stressed quicker than other NPCs, she has some flat +1 bonuses to stress if you talk to her about Private Story.
- Dislikes a lot of things.
Likes cake though. Maybe that's why she has gazongas forever.
- Started as a copy of Caitin, but doesn't have the PTJ stuff.
- Will only talk to pets if the server version is G7S3 or above.
- Likes cakes and cake accessories.
- Was copied from Ibbia.
- Was set up to sell Courcle, Ruwai, and Tupai taming bait, but the last two are commented out.
- Has really contrasting tastes as usual for Cor residents. Likes Gathering Axes, would like Ego blunts and axes if they could be gifted, but gift Hammers will be the cheapest.
- Will respond to a Map_Of_Voight keyword, "보이트의 신비한 지도", whatever overseas event that's for.
- Likes Underwear and Rings.
- His appraisal script used to check items for a /cursed/ tag. No items have this tag.
- The current version of his appraisal script is not defined, potentially it's been moved to an engine function, which we can't see.
- Used to sell a higher variety of weapons, but it looks like half his shop was commented-out to make it appear less modern.
- Would initially give you the Final Hit skill directly when asked about skills in KR test.
- Is set up to allow you to learn the Smash skill via a book if you don't have it. Perhaps Cor was to be set up as one player starting location way in the past?
- Is picky, hates everything but Individuality, Toughness, and Maniac. So he likes axes and blunts for some reason.
- Could, like other racial NPCs, be set up to give a penalty to shop prices for different support groups instead of just a discount.
- May have been added earlier than other Iria NPCs. There's a commented-out condition check that would hide her unless the server was in dev mode.
- Checks for various keywords like "g6_giant_atrata" and some of her conversation responses include "@G6_AtrataFilia", hinting that either part of the G7 storyline was set up as G6 initially before being merged, or that the old racial trans quest was G6 (due to the "g6_elf_01_AncientIrinid" keyword).
- Likes cake stuff slightly better than Anthology.
- Used to have more shop tabs, the comments say...
She would sell lots of basic skill books and fishing equipment and food and all the basics you expect from a whole group of NPCs, but the setup code is old (hardcoded KR strings) and commented out so it's possibly from when she was one of the only NPCs set up and was used for testing new characters before they tossed in other NPCs with their own shops.
- Sells All sorts of spirit weapon items in test.
- Would sell the "Guild Leader's Pendant" (63007) but it's been commented out.
- Has more hints that the elf trans quest was G6, like the "g6_elf_03_LostElfEscort" keyword used there and a comment.
Further investigation shows that the elf+giant trans quests are indeed "G6".
- Likes Rings, has tons of things to say (true or otherwise).
- Like other general store NPCs, has a lot of various checks in his shop segment for what special things to sell in certain regions and during certain events.
- Used to not have a part-time job, he'd say this instead when you used the keyword.
- Likes teddy bears and rings. May not have much lore.
- When talked to with Private Story, counts up the value of your worn and equipped items... and then doesn't appear to do anything with the info (unlike other NPCs). Maybe 'cause he started as a copy of Simon.
- Likes gems, gem powder, and cake stuff.
- Lost Elf
- When talked to as a pet, they pull from the wrong localization file (from a Tir event NPC instead), so they may say something incorrect or possibly untranslated, haven't tested yet. Might just be "..." knowing this game.
- Used to have a text response to the PTJ keyword instead of giving one as well.
- Likes gems, gem powder, and cake stuff.
- Has tons of keyword responses but not much happiness-based ones.
- Uses the same dye-giving framework as Tin, including the same invisible keyword that keeps track of which number dye you were offered so you can't DC/CC and start at the top again.
- Sets up two arrays of dye colors. sColor is the the flashies, 12 of them. nColor is the normal dyes, 40 of them. There's a ~1/40 chance that it'll pick from the flashy array. If not it picks from the normal array.
- Responds to the Savior of Erinn title, but not Who Saved The Goddess.
- Has no likes/dislikes, gifting won't work properly.
It looks like some of the giant NPCs got script cleanups since their initial introduction (like Krug) so there wasn't much leftover of note here.
- Would sell first aid skill books, commented out.
- Gained her secret shop in G11S1EX, but also the server needs to have featureGiantHandBell enabled for it to work.
- Was copied from Manus.
- Likes Teddy Bears.
- Has less flashy dyes available on rebirth than Vena (the Elf rebirth NPC). Meriel only has 10 possible flashies opposed to 12, and has 42 normal dyes instead of 40... but still has a 1/40 chance to pick a flashy.
- Has some older commented-out single-use functions like Give_Bow_Arrow(me, player) from older tutorials. It'd give item 40102 and check if you had at least 30 arrows, stuff like that.
- Has no proper like or dislike system or gift reactions.
- Would be set up to sell rare items like Cleavers and Broad Axes and Bone Atlatls before these became synth, drop, fishing, blacksmithing, or whatever.
- Would sell a "Javelin Glove", which is apparently a glove you'd wear to throw a javelin? Item 16036.
- Likes Wooden Blades, Underwear also works.
- Has a bunch of part-time job setups (that won't trigger) copied from some other NPC, can't tell which. Probably a grocery store one, what with the berry gathering and all.
- Really likes wooden sticks, rolling pins, and ladles.
- Was copied from Nora, even has her idle pose commented out.
- Likes money pouches, leather and cloth pouches, and snowballs... Anthology works.
- Would have given a quest for the Weaving skill and sold weaving gloves, but all that was commented out.
- Has an old static response to the "Lute" keyword in Korean.
- Likes Cubic Puzzles a ton
- Has commented-out Quest and party Quest tabs, perhaps from before Exploration Quests, or just a placeholder. The fomor scroll quest was goblins.
- Really likes helmets. Guardian Helmet, Bone Helmet, Wing Half Helmet, etc.
- Checks his region to determine the speech he says out loud.
- Has commented-out PTJ framework, may have given fishing stuff?
- Has commented-out shop stuff that seems somewhat custom. It uses a ShowCarasekMessage() function and still has the KR text in it... and then just opens his shop that doesn't exist.
- His transport to Nekojima is simple, reply with @borrowboat and bam, transports you.
- Is listed in this group of NPCs, I promise. Not sure why, was he like this earlier?
- Has lots of keyword responses, but it looks like somebody already got his story and put it up on the wiki.
- Likes undies and normal gifts.
- Helped test out various seal scrolls and stuff in KR and dev regions, including unused items like 73166 ("Dyestuff") which may have been a finishing material.
- I swear she must have 200 lines of event shop stuff, srsly.
- Checks if the player is at less than half stamina for the skill quest, doesn't have to be less.
- Has a comment, apparently a dev stating they wished there was a more appropriate NPC to give this quest, character-wise?
- Is talkative, lots of responses, though a third of it is Iria keywords of course.
- Gets stressed easier than earlier NPCs.
- Has pretty mild likes/dislikes, ends up liking Anthology and stuff.
- Was copied from Bryce in Bangor.
- Has gem rewards posted here.
- Likes wine and ring and underwear. She looks like it too!
- Does have anything interesting other than the rebirth dyes.
- Sells cheaty EXP-shoving-into spirit weapon items in test.
- Has the Rest D->C and First Aid E->D books in his shop, but commented-out.
- Has a comment from the devs in regards to his repair rate, helpfully reminding themselves that 93 is more than 92 but less than 95.
- Likes candlesticks. Make of that what you will.
- Has a ton of food commented out of his shop, like various other food-selling NPCs.
- Has a chunk of dialogue and stuff commented out from an old copy of himself (like some of the older NPCs), so he might have been planned earlier than other Iria ones since he has the old message format and would call up the "G4_Leave_iria_for_vessel" cutscene.
- Has lots of keyword responses, not sure if he has a story though.
- Like bread, turkey, and magical rice cake soup.
- Used to sell more things like the Bipennis and stuff, perhaps the Iria expedition was intended to be run by a more well-funded and high-end group before the idea of more meager resources.
- Has lots of keyword responses, including Nao ones. Makes sense since Iria was/is a human starting area.
- Has a few talking situations which will lower his favor of you, which is rare to see.
- Offers a 10% discount to players wearing a Windmill Dan title.
- Likes eggs and chocolates.
- Checks and confirms her region ID every 30-40 seconds. I think this is the first time I've seen something other than "say random crap in a chat bubble" happen on an NPC's timed pulse.
- Also has a Nekojima entrance apparently.
- Likes gift items. Hammer, Ginsing, and Ring in that order of importance.
I'd go through these more often, but digging through hundreds of lines of NPC scripts when 80% of an average script is a copy-paste of the same functions and stuff all the other NPCs have (lol inheritence wut's that?) is boring when they have nothing special about them.
- Arenen ("Arneng")
- Doesn't have any conversational favor bonuses. What a cold guy.
- Likes Anthology, he's cold with his likes too and gets less points than other NPCs.
- Wow this is a boring NPC. Maybe that's why Voight seemed more attractive to Ilsa...
- Gets stressed a little easier than normal, but will at least talk to you about some stuff, unlike boring bank guy.
- Likes Anthology too, but will appreciate the gift 50% more than BoringBank.
- Okay nothing much to say here either. Most of her script is gen and PTJ stuff.
- Would sell things like the Medium-Size Bag in EU. If there was an EU. Sorry, EU.
- Was apparently worked on during the transition period of event triggering. Older NPCs will check if an older event is active by comparing for a specific date/time, while newer events and NPCs use actual flags that they can check for. Kelpie has both, with some commented out.
- Likes Sleeveless With bell Bottoms and Solar Glare instruments. For reasonable gifts, Teddy Bear and Underwear. I'm reminded of Gyro Zeppeli.
- Actually has a randomized cycle programmed in for going through his positions and animations. His pulse interval is 15 seconds or so, and if sitting he has a 1/5 chance of standing, if he's in one cycled animation he'll change to the next assuming he's not talking to a player, stuff like that.
- Has a TON of commented-out responses to keywords... some of which aren't even available anymore, they're really old ones that would get deleted when you first used them. Like "shop_armory" gets replaced with "shop_smith" and stuff. Also this actually includes a bunch of the responses... but it's just a block of some really old Tir stuff in Korean.
- Likes Heart-Shaped Cake and Slice of Cake and stuff. Who knew the blue dragon was into sweets?
omg dragons like sweets?!