+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: General durability loss testing (requests encouraged).

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I think the part where it chooses one piece to affect durability on when being hit probably led to the explanation that it's spread across the equipment since it would give that impression to anyone not seeing the real numbers.

For the being afk part though I think that myth is busted *gets sued for use of mythbusters trademark*

ORANGES?! Citrusjuice the succubus slayer
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Can you go more indepth with tick? Example: if i were to have raincast cd boots and every time i need to re-rain, i equip then unequipped immediately, does that mean I'll never have to repair these boots since you lose dur only on ticks?

Also, in case you didn't know, the cd applies when the boots are on so if your raincast is on x second cd and i equip the boots, you can rain immediately.

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Citrusjuice View Post
    Can you go more indepth with tick? Example: if i were to have raincast cd boots and every time i need to re-rain, i equip then unequipped immediately, does that mean I'll never have to repair these boots since you lose dur only on ticks?

Also, in case you didn't know, the cd applies when the boots are on so if your raincast is on x second cd and i equip the boots, you can rain immediately.
    If you can manage to avoid having stuff equipped on a tick (ticks control more than dur loss, they also control weight changes so they'll count down happen regardless of what's on or not on at the time) then yeah it won't lose any dur. But actually timing that seems kinda' meh when the loss is so little.

The Holy Cow
    X the dragon knight X the dragon knight X the dragon knight X the dragon knight X's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by callback View Post
    I sadly lost contact before I could ask about testing on armor while CRKs were equipped to see if the bonus extends beyond the swords themselves.
    Tanked some bear hits. Dura loss with Blessed Dustin + VIP:
    Code:
    16035 (-6)
    16030 (-5)
    16024 (-6)
    16019 (-5)
    16012 (-7)
    16006 (-6)
    Blessed Dustin + VIP + CRK:
    Code:
    16069 (-3)
    16066 (-3)
    16062 (-4)
    16060 (-2)
    16057 (-3)
    So yes, CRK dura reduction applies to everything.

However, this data seems to point to CRK reduction as being 50%, which makes sense, as I recall the whole point of CRKs is to cater to bash. Since bash is about 2x dura loss, CRKs being 50% dura loss to rein it in makes sense.
    Last edited by X; 06-11-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Mabination User Willi0966 the succubus slayer
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Willi096
    Total Level
    53XX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Holy Arts
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    How much durability does a Mining Drill(Hillwen) lose per ore gathering attempt? And thanks for testing the AFK thing.

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

All of the gear was unblessed this time, no VIP. I let bunnies in Shyllien hit me a little over 500 times. The first few hits aren't recorded 'cause I was still trying to put the gear on and start while they were whacking me the first few times so I'm not sure on the exact number of hits, but the gif has 500 durability updates recorded.

Slow...

Fast...

Start...
    Headband: 10000 (10/10)
    Robe: 15000 (15/15)
    Shoes: 10000 (10/10)
    Ring: 5000 (5/5)
    Amulet: 5000 (5/5)
    Clothes: 13000 (13/13)
    Gloves: 12000 (12/12)
    Dagger1: 8000 (8/8)
    Dagger2: 8000 (8/8)

End...
    Headband: 7896 (-2104)
    Robe: 14963 (-37)
    Shoes: 9344 (-656)
    Ring: 3515 (-1485)
    Amulet: 3527 (-1473)
    Clothes: 10203 (-2797)
    Gloves: 11530 (-1470)
    Dagger1: 7989 (-11)
    Dagger2: 7989 (-11)

- The robe and daggers only took durability damage from the 5 minute ticks from being worn, none from being hit.

- Hat and clothes took the most damage, accessories and gloves in 2nd place, shoes in last.

I also tested a tick with everything versus one thing.

Everything...
    Headband: -6
    Robe: -20
    Shoes: -14
    Ring: -4
    Amulet: -4
    Clothes: -16
    Gloves: -10
    Dagger1: -6
    Dagger2: -6

One thing...
    Robe: -20

So the tick damage doesn't care what else you have on either.

(Again, remember that this test was with everything unblessed. Halve the numbers for blessed.)

Quote Originally Posted by Willi0966 View Post
    How much durability does a Mining Drill(Hillwen) lose per ore gathering attempt? And thanks for testing the AFK thing.
    15055 -50 (1 ore)
    15005 -50 (1 ore)
    14955 -50 (1 ore)
    14905 -50 (1 ore)
    14855 -50 (2 ores, lucky)
    14805 -50 (2 ores, skill)

That's blessed too, ouch. That's about the normal dur loss for tools (and weapons used as tools) though.

Mabination User Metaphoenix has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Can you check the durability loss with alchemy skills that require no target like barrier spikes and summon golem
    Also can you test the durability loss of a sword & guard cylinder using the above mentioned?

Resident Furvert™
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Blessed Cylinder, Barrier Spikes
    8138 -23
    8118 -20
    8096 -22
    8075 -21
    8057 -18

Blessed Cylinder, Summon Golem
    8022 -25
    8000 -22
    7972 -28
    7952 -20
    7925 -27

Guard Cylinder, Barrier Spikes
    14050 -15
    14028 -22
    14009 -19
    13980 -29
    13950 -30

The Restless
    Snowie Stormflower has disabled reputation Snowie Stormflower's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    XSnowie
    Total Level
    15xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Does a Woodworking Plane actually lose durability from making something with it? Those things seem to last forever.

Also maybe slightly harder to test but does triggering Passive Defense affect Durability in any way?

Also Charge's Splash damage seems to be special seeing as it can crit surrounding targets without critting the main target and vice versa, does Charge perhaps lose Durability for 2 hits when you splash with it or is that loss passed on to the weapon?
    Last edited by Snowie Stormflower; 06-14-2015 at 02:42 AM.

sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowie Stormflower View Post
    Also Charge's Splash damage seems to be special seeing as it can crit surrounding targets without critting the main target and vice versa, does Charge perhaps lose Durability for 2 hits when you splash with it or is that loss passed on to the weapon?
    Assault Slash does the same thing, what about that?

What about Smash Splash, and does Inspiration and Respite have any effect on weapon durability?

Does both Healing and Party Healing have any effect on Celtic Guardian? IIRC that doesn't apply to all other staffs, but Celtic Guardian is modified for healing purposes.

+ Reply to Thread