The leaked G13 JP server data includes unused data (like most things in mabi), and one of the special upgrade definitions is pretty interesting for a number of reasons.
- Additional Stone Types
So we're familiar with S-Type (blue) and R-Type (red) upgrades, right? Turns out there were U-Type and X-Type as well... the two additional stones are the Goibne Stone and Conversion Stone respectively.
The basic workings of the Conversion Stone are defined, so it looks like it actually would function if it was obtainable and you'd use it in the anvil like a normal stone. I can't find anything useful about the Goibne Stone though.
- Upgrade Steps
The old xml defines 10 upgrade steps instead of just 6. In addition the success rate doesn't drop past 50%, though it seems that a secondary penalty for failure (like we have item destruction now) would have started at 5->6.
There's also a second upgrade setting where all ranks are 100% chance, but the gold cost increases over time (up to 200K for step 10). I don't know if this would have been an optional secondary mode, or if this was used for certain types of equipment.
- Upgrade Effects
There's a lot more stat changes defined than we have now, and the stats were higher too.
The generic upgrades we use now were mostly defined already, and went to step 10 as well. Here's a version of the wiki's upgrade tables with the data filled out to step 10 (and applying the 4x MA modifier from a later update to match the current use).
R-Type (Red Upgrade Stone)
S-Type (Blue Upgrade Stone)
(Everything else below this line talks about the older defined upgrades.)
Some of the more interesting examples...
- 2-hander melee max damage was +90 at step 6, and +190 at step 10.
- 1-hander melee max damage was +75 at step 6, and +150 at step 10.
- Balance was a stat too, 1-10 or 2-24.
- Splash damage (1-30) and radius (10-200) on 2-handers was possible.
- Daggers are classified separately. Max +110 at step 6, and +250 at step 10.
- Ranged max damage was +75 at step 6, and +150 at step 10.
- Effective range increases existed, 20 at step 1, 150 at step 6, and 300 at step 10.
- The original Frozen Blast duration increase sucked, capping out at 6 seconds at step 10.
- The Barrier Spikes increase line has some typos that cause it to only have 8 steps listed instead of 10 due to some of the commas being periods. This shows that these stats weren't heavily tested or anything since this XML has basic errors in it.
- "Magic Damage" went up to +80 at step 10 for wands, +120 for staves.
- Mana Usage was -5% for wands (-4% staves), up to -50% (-40% staves) at step 10.
- There's a typo in the wand magic damage definition too.
- Critical upgrades are hard to interpret, the values are given as integers that go from 1-6 for some weapons, 1-16 for others, and 4-45 for ranged weapons. I can't think of anything that wouldn't be useless when 6 or OP when 45 when using the same math.
- DurabilityMax is possible on a lot of things, up to +5 or +8.