+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rule Clarification

Probably not a bot Eos the savior of Erinn Eos the savior of Erinn Eos the savior of Erinn
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Krystalys
    Total Level
    7xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Meep
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold

Rule Clarification

This is more curiosity than any actual agenda, but any particular reason this is out of bounds at this point? Pretending "being against Nexon's TOS" is actually a thing here any more seems hypocritical after all.

Osayidan has after all repeatedly pointed out Nexon can go fuck themselves and they're banned here, so if we're going to call that a verboten topic it should at least have a plausible reason or admit to being purely a case of Because If You Have to Ask You're Not Worth It And Too Stupid To Keep It. And that should totally be the title of the rule and posted for all to see.

Warning: The content of this post may express beliefs and opinions that differ from your own, or facts you do not find flattering or favorable. If you have a history of adverse reactions to any of these things please consult your physician before attempting to digest. Chronic sufferers are encouraged to stock up on suppositories and grow thicker skin.

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Curious about this myself, but I was kinda afraid to post a question on forums. I mean, we have separate KR Tester user group and most of those people don't even pretend to be living in Korea, sooo...

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Regardless of the nexon ToS, you need to break actual laws (unless things changed for nexon KR?) to get an account, meaning you have to use someone's KSSN to sign up, and if you're not from south Korea you probably don't have one legally.

I have no idea how KR test team gets their accounts and don't really care, I don't manage any of that.

Another less legal reason is that if suddenly anyone who wants to get into KR mabi is able to do so, it might mess things up for the KR testers if nexon KR starts trying to block things off.

Mabination User Jake is friends with Cichol Jake is friends with Cichol Jake is friends with Cichol Jake is friends with Cichol Jake is friends with Cichol Jake is friends with Cichol Jake is friends with Cichol Jake's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Proxied
    Total Level
    18xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Ninja
    Guild
    Raid
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    You can use a KR phone number/phone instead of KSSN apparently

It's Showtime.

<span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span> has disabled reputation <span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Because it involves personal information (and laws) it's also a liability thing. Just like we don't allow public NX/paypal transactions under the guise that it's against nexons ToS. If nexon wanted to allow some form of playing internationally or some form of making these transactions legitimately, then we would allow it.

Mabination User Leaferr has just left the soul stream Leaferr's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Nookies
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Martial Arts
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I think the problem is that If someone from Korea came here and asked us about Mabinogi Korea that wouldn't be a problem because they have their own KSSN. While if someone from America or Europe came here it's most likely a stolen KSSN. Of course we don't know that and I guess I am against locking up threads that ask how to download the game because downloading the game is not against the law and mods locking it up looks just a bit obsessive and over the top scared about the laws, If someone posts a thread asking us how to get a KSSN then I agree to locking it up because it is illegal to steal one. It is not our problem how they get their KSSN and it is not illegal to help them download the game, how they got the account is not actually up to us and it had nothing to do with us. If we aren't aware they obtained it illegally it won't affect us. I also don't know what is the people who have ''KR Testers'' how do we know they haven't stolen a KSSN while we have them out and about pretty much more publicly.

The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    18xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Historia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    They switched from KSSN to LGU/SKT numbers quite a long time ago.

Elvs gud! Rite guise? Esileruf is a friend of Nora Esileruf is a friend of Nora Esileruf is a friend of Nora Esileruf's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Surrept
    Total Level
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Lance Combat
    Guild
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeporo View Post
    They switched from KSSN to LGU/SKT numbers quite a long time ago.
    About two/three years ago if memory serves.

http://mabination.com/threads/53836-...-Nexon-Account

I don't remember exactly what the heck judicial rulings may have been related to it. I'll have to dig.
    Last edited by Esileruf; 08-08-2015 at 03:48 AM.
     :^)

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    >Threads get nuked for asking how to get to play KR
    >Guide posted three years ago.

Thats, umm... I mean one could expect such level of not knowing what's going on on your own site from Nexon, but here?

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I will say that there was quite the discussion amongst our team on this issue. The thread in question, most of the team is in agreement that it should not have been locked.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

+ Reply to Thread