+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boring Guide to Alban Knights Emblems

Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    retcarahC
    Total Level
    25XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Raid
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold

Boring Guide to Alban Knights Emblems

Before we begin, there's three things to keep in mind at all times:

1. Only fill unadorned emblems with ONE type of rune.
    2. Any time you have a lv 4+ stat, or attempt to go to lv 4+ of a stat both emblems will blow up on fail.
    3. Any time you have 4+ stat lines or attempt to get 4+ stat lines both emblems will blow up on fail.

BASICS

Runes

This is the most basic item and what is needed the most for the process. You obtain this randomly at the end chest of an Alban training session, and the amount you get will depend on the difficulty/rank.

It comes in several forms, such as:

Rune of Mana - MP, Magic Defense or Magic Attack.
    Rune of Ingenuity - Intelligence, Dexterity or Critical.
    Rune of Mind - Will, Stamina or Luck.
    Rune of Body - Strength, HP or Defense.
    Rune of Sharpness - Max Damage, Critical Damage or Balance.

Unadorned Emblem

This is where the fun starts. Even though you see many 0/10 lines, as mentioned earlier you ONLY ever fill it with one type of rune. That means if you want to obtain an emblem with a Sharpness rune stat, you fill it with 10 sharpness runes and it will transform into an emblem with a stat randomly chosen from sharpness rune (max, cdmg, bal).

Alban Knights Emblem

This is what you get after you fill an unadorned emblem with 10 runes of one type. It is created with 1 randomly selected stat from the rune that was used in creation.

These emblems can be merged (instructing you how is the purpose of this guide) and as such there are two kinds, a "base emblem" and a "material emblem".

Base Emblem - It's the starting point for an emblem synthesis, and the base that will receive the bonus from a merged material emblem. It has the potential to change number of stats and level of stats following an emblem synthesis. As stated at the start of this guide, it may be destroyed under the following conditions:
    *Any time you have a lv 4+ stat, or attempt to go to lv 4+ of a stat both emblems will blow up on fail.
    *Any time you have 4+ stat lines or attempt to get 4+ stat lines both emblems will blow up on fail.
    Material emblem - It's a disposable emblem that has the stats you want to merge with a base emblem. Regardless of success or failure, it will always disappear after an emblem synthesis.

BASIC SYNTHESIS

This is where people start to get confused, but it's actually fairly simple. The two things to keep in mind is that you shouldn't expect short term results due to the limited supply of materials to work with and that you will need a lot of inventory space to store emblems and runes as you go along.

Success rate per attempt seems like 30~50% from testing but there is no visible indicator and no way to know for sure.

Always keep all types of runes, even if you do not think you may need them (you might).

Steps to a decent emblem:
    1. Choose your most valuable stat (usually max damage from sharpness rune) and create a base emblem that contains it by fusing your desired rune with unadorned emblems. Results from this step should be a (max damage lv 1) base emblem and several (cdmg lv1, bal lv 1) material emblems from failed attempts.

2. Merge any leftover material emblems (cdmg lv 1, bal lv1) into your base emblem (max damage lv 1) until you have a single base emblem that is (max damage lv 3). Feel free to make more material emblems if needed.

3. Choose your second most valuable stat (usually magic attack from mana rune) and create a material emblem (or several) that contains it by fusing your desired rune with unadorned emblems. Results from this step should be one or several (magic attack lv 1) material emblems and several (mp lv1, mdef lv 1) material emblems from failed attempts.

3. Merge your (magic attack lv 1) material emblem with your (max damage lv 3) base emblem until you have a (max damage lv 3, magic attack lv 1) emblem.

4. Merge any leftover material emblems (mp lv 1, mdef lv 1) into your base emblem (max damage lv 3, magic attack lv 1) until you have a single base emblem that is (max damage lv 3, magic attack lv 3). Feel free to make more material emblems if needed.

5. Choose your third most valuable stat (usually strength from body rune) and well... just repeat the steps above until you have a (max damage lv 3, magic attack lv 3, strength lv 3) emblem.

6. For most people, THIS IS IT. Just stop here if you do not want to take any unnecessary risks for minimal gains.

ADVANCED SYNTHESIS

Ok, this is the section for min-maxers willing to try some crazy shit to get their mins maxed and their e-peens str- I mean what...

We'll start with our result from basic synthesis: a 3/3/3 emblem.

Steps to a sick emblem:

1. We make a second 3/3/3 emblem. Why? Because if your main one fails and you end up with nothing you will cry yourself to sleep.

2. Decide on one (or more) stat you want to bring to lv 4+. It will usually be max damage from sharpness rune.

3. It's simple, you use material emblem of sharpness rune + spam to lv 5 and pray to RNGesus right? Well, yes, that works... but that isn't what we'll do. Instead we'll do more complex synthesis.

There are some ways to go about this:

3a)We make 1/1/1 material emblems of the same types (sharp/mana/body) to merge with our 3/3/3 base. There is some overseas testing that indicates that merging emblems with multiple lines makes multiple calculations and even though only one stat will level up, only one of the calculations has to succeed to avoid an explosion. This would be the ideal way to get a stat to lv 5, while (if lucky) getting the others to lv 4 or higher.

Notes: From my own limited testing I would NOT recommend this. I personally don't have enough evidence to be convinced that this method creates multiple calculations and even if it does, you are relying on RNG too much and might only get lucky on the secondary stats and not the one you want the most.

3b)We make several 1/1 material emblems to merge with our 3/3/3 base. The PLOT TWIST, is that this time only one of the lines will actually level up our base emblem. Why? Because the second line will be something entirely new, like Will lv 1 or Dex lv 1 or Int Lv 1. There is confirmed testing that adding lines is a separate calculation from leveling a stat, so even if you fail to level a stat your base emblem will survive if you succeed at adding an extra line.

Notes: From my own limited testing, I would say this is the way to go. The main benefits is that there is no chance to waste a stat level-up on secondary stats so you will get max dmg lv 5 faster, and there is no need for speculation regarding how the calculation is handled because there is 100% confirmation that adding lines is a separate calculation from stat level-ups (or at the very least, adding one line is, unsure on whether adding more than 1 line will give you more separate calcs). You can still be daring and add more than 1 new line, but just in case I would save that for 4-> 5 and not 3->4 to leave more safety options available when it matters most.

3c)You can try combinations of the above methods, or something new entirely. Be creative and find something that works and share it cause there is too little info about these emblems on any forum and I sure as hell don't know as much as I wish I did about them.

4. RNG gonna RNG. Having multiple calculations doesn't mean anything if they all fail and you'll have to start over. But don't despair, that's why we had a backup emblem on step 1! If you do succeed, you get to do weird science on the backup emblem and maybe even get something nicer than you got on the first one.

HOBO SYNTHESIS

This is for the person who has no time for all this shit, or the lazy casual player that still wants a lv 5 emblem.

1. Get lv 1 base emblem of the stat you want (usually max attack) and spam until lv 5. You'll succeed through sheer number of synths.

2. Repeat for your secondary most useful stat (usually magic attack) and just activate/deactivate both emblems as needed depending on your skillset.

TIPS

After all that's been said, there's only one tip I can give you and it is probably the biggest factor in how fast you can make an emblem. Not everyone will feel comfortable with it, but it's the difference between making an emblem in a week or several months.

Here it comes....
     can't show that in a christian manga!

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    For people that were too lazy to read...

Basically, create totems with multiples lines (1/1/1) and combine with higher base. Doesn't have to be 1/1/1, it can be 1/1.

Remember though, combining totems with more lines doesn't really mean you have more chance of raising the stat you want, it's more of decreasing your chance of blowing them up. But it can always happen, always showcased by bullshit success rate of Edern.

Mabination User callback the ogre slayer callback's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    7XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Question: Why max over cdmg? I thought cdmg would be better most of the time for overall damage? Isn't that why we go red over blue?

Also lol@spoiler, as if people didn't know that from it being true in every single dungeon/SM/theater in the game.

Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    retcarahC
    Total Level
    25XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Raid
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Cdmg is only better when there's enough of it to provide more average dmg than max dmg, there isn't.

Also, lord mission keys are untradeable.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by callback View Post
    Question: Why max over cdmg? I thought cdmg would be better most of the time for overall damage? Isn't that why we go red over blue?

Also lol@spoiler, as if people didn't know that from it being true in every single dungeon/SM/theater in the game.
    The crit damage bonus is too small to prioritize that over max damage. Of course, if you can have both, that'd be nice, but there are other considerable benefits, like Magic Attack, Str/Dex, etc.

Invisible the wise Invisible the wise Invisible the wise Invisible the wise Invisible the wise Invisible the wise Invisible's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Anemia
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Guild
    Sake
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    So I was trying to make a 3/3/3 emblem, but all my MA/Str emblems keep failing and now I have like 25 material emblems (all of them mana/body emblems). I'm sick of holding all these and decided to go the hobo route. Now my base is level 4 max damage and level 1 MP. How should I proceed to minimize destruction? Just spam 1/1/1/1 emblems without mana runes?

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    retcarahC
    Total Level
    25XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Raid
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    That's the way I would go about it.

I never tested (or at least not that i can remember) if you could add more than 1 line at a time however. If you can, it might be a problem if you fail to level up but succeed on adding too many lines that there won't be any left to add for the next attempt.

Invisible the wise Invisible the wise Invisible the wise Invisible the wise Invisible the wise Invisible the wise Invisible's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Anemia
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Guild
    Sake
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I guess I'll post my results later, but so far I only got that 1 MP out of a 1/1/1/1/1 emblem.

It died.
    Last edited by Invisible; 01-23-2016 at 12:08 AM.

Mabination User Deletion the ogre slayer Deletion's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Deletion
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Skilled
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Strength
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    How much critical damage is actually added with the emblems?
    Is it really just 1% per level?

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    retcarahC
    Total Level
    25XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Raid
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Deletion View Post
    How much critical damage is actually added with the emblems?
    Is it really just 1% per level?
    Yeah, 1% per level so it's not enough to currently match the max damage emblem.

I think its effectiveness would also diminish the higher your cdmg already is, since the difference between 312% to 317% when using an r6 2h would be fairly minimal.

+ Reply to Thread