Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Thanks for the information in the guide, helped me out quite a bit when I first wanted to get into making Alban totems.

One thing I want to point out is that it isn't clear for cases where you want to add additional options after getting a level 4 or higher line
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynn View Post
    2. Any time you have a lv 4+ stat, or attempt to go to lv 4+ of a stat both emblems will blow up on fail.
    3. Any time you have 4+ stat lines or attempt to get 4+ stat lines both emblems will blow up on fail.
    The wording here can be interpreted as "when attempting synthesis with an emblem with any line level 4+, both emblem will blow up on fail", however this isn't the case. Only when attempting to go above 3 lines, or when attempting to upgrade a stat to above lv3 will the base emblem blow up on fail. The base emblem is safe when you want to add a line until the emblem has 3 or want to upgrade any non-lv3+ line even when there exists a lv4+ line.

What this essentially means is that for any player that isn't attempting to get multiple level 5 lines, it could be better to first get an emblem to have a lv5 line, then add 2 other lines and get them to lv3. (Ex. lv5 max -> lv5 max lv1 str lv1 ma -> lv5 max lv3 str lv3 ma)

source: http://aoinagamimi.blog45.fc2.com/blog-entry-216.html
    Last edited by Cookies; 05-01-2016 at 07:00 PM.

the Master Otaku Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Total Level
    71xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Starlet
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Question: how big of a difference does difficulty make? I'm thinking of using a certain not-to-be-discussed-tactic which involves red stones, but using Green and Gray stones to raise the reward tiers, and blitzing it on basic. Is this a viable tactic?
    Hype for this series MEGA-INTENSIFIES

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Chihaya View Post
    Question: how big of a difference does difficulty make? I'm thinking of using a certain not-to-be-discussed-tactic which involves red stones, but using Green and Gray stones to raise the reward tiers, and blitzing it on basic. Is this a viable tactic?
    Only if you're gonna be doing it over like 8 months.

There is absolutely 0 reason to do Alban on basic as of right now because of how easy it is to get the stones thanks to the event.
    Even without the event, you shouldn't be wasting green and gray stones on basic, and considering the rewards possible, it's much more worth to do on higher difficulties (Int S, Adv A, etc)

+ Reply to Thread