+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Mabinogi] Clarifications of Playing on a Foreign Server

The Wandering Alchemist

Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Kenero
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Smithing
    Guild
    Oberon
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Kenero
    Type
    Fiona
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold

[Mabinogi] Clarifications of Playing on a Foreign Server

Hey Guys,

It has come to my attention that a lot of players have been private messaging or making threads asking on creating or starting Mabinogi on a foreign server (such as Korean or Japanese server).

While it is not against the rules to ask for the links of the websites, which I will make below:

Mabinogi Korea
    Mabinogi Japan
    Mabinogi Taiwan

We cannot help you register for an account. This includes translations. If you truly want to register for an account and need help, a quick look-up with Google sensei will help or you can try below:

Creating a Nexon Kr Account (Only making the Account)

I would also like to point out that when downloading the client, you only download it from the official source or recommended links. We are in no way responsible if you google fu some help and some malicious person steals information from you.

Now, what can you ask help on?
    • You can ask help for the link of the foreign Mabinogi website
    • You can ask help for looking up media files, including but not limited to art/fanfic pages, etc.
    • You can ask help for looking certain event pages/interviews/forum topics
    • You can ask help for a client download link
    • You can ask for the direct website link to the registration page (but cannot ask for help to register)

So with that understood, I will also clarify another topic of interest:

You no longer need a Korean Social Security Number (KSSN) to create a new Nexon KR Account. This means you can register, do the social media aspects, and play the minigames as well as other small games on the Nexon KR website.

However, for bigger games, such as Mabinogi, which is considered a transaction game with its cash shop, you will need to register a Korean Residential Card in order to play Mabinogi. The only exception to this are accounts created prior to the law change. Which basically means, this applies to every new account being made now.

What does this mean? It means that while KSSN is not required to play Mabinogi, having a residential card is a must. And residential cards are highly guarded by Korean citizens since it is another method of government ID. It isn't the same as looking up a Korean Phone Book and registering a random address, you need the actual residential number, which is different from its street address.

While I am sure you can google-fu a residential card, being caught with false information is not only ban worthy, but can almost be considered an international crime since you are stealing sensitive information from a Korean citizen.

With that out of the way, if you somehow acquired a legal account (such as a friend letting you borrow, you went to Korea yourself as a student and obtain a residential card, bought a home in Korea, or became a new citizen, etc.) then great.

We won't ask how you got the account, but be warn that an account's safety and responsibility ultimately falls on you as well as any crime associated with the account if you obtain information through underhanded means.

Mabination and its associates is not responsible for any criminal activities associated in account creations from illegal standpoints.

I hope this clarifies some information.

Thanks,
    Kenero
    Last edited by Kenero; 08-29-2015 at 01:51 PM.
    Kenero of Mari Server.

Royal Alchemist, streaming it through and living relaxed.

"Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don’t learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." - Stephen Colbert

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Thank you for that post. An input from someone who actually knows how KR accounts work was very much needed.

( 。• ㅅ • 。)
    <span class='glow_FFFFFF'><span style='color: #FFC2FA'>Bunny</span></span> has tamed a desert dragon <span class='glow_FFFFFF'><span style='color: #FFC2FA'>Bunny</span></span> has tamed a desert dragon <span class='glow_FFFFFF'><span style='color: #FFC2FA'>Bunny</span></span> has tamed a desert dragon <span class='glow_FFFFFF'><span style='color: #FFC2FA'>Bunny</span></span> has tamed a desert dragon <span class='glow_FFFFFF'><span style='color: #FFC2FA'>Bunny</span></span> has tamed a desert dragon <span class='glow_FFFFFF'><span style='color: #FFC2FA'>Bunny</span></span> has tamed a desert dragon <span class='glow_FFFFFF'><span style='color: #FFC2FA'>Bunny</span></span> has tamed a desert dragon <span class='glow_FFFFFF'><span style='color: #FFC2FA'>Bunny</span></span> has tamed a desert dragon <span class='glow_FFFFFF'><span style='color: #FFC2FA'>Bunny</span></span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Wallflowers
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Raid
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I greatly appreciate your post Kenero! The staff has been pretty busy lately with RL things so we haven't had much of a deeper discussion in regards to foreign servers. Thank you for posting!

Edit: I went ahead and stuck this thread. If any staff member disagrees with the sticky please let me know.
    Last edited by Bunny; 08-29-2015 at 11:15 AM.

wiggity wabbits!

PROXIED WALLFLOWERS.
    5/26/2010
    你是最大的笨蛋 !!!

The Wandering Alchemist

Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Kenero
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Smithing
    Guild
    Oberon
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Kenero
    Type
    Fiona
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Hey guys, since I got this question, I might as well answer it here to.

I am not using a scare tactic to "drive" other people from registration an account. In fact, creating a Korean Account is free for anyone, even for non Koreans, and can be done safely. Interacting with the small games and social media is fine too. I am not discouraging anyone from making one.

But what I am trying to do is to warn people who want to use their Korean account to play some of their major games such as Mabinogi what they need and the consequence of what they are trying to do, so they won't go in without proper knowledge of what they are getting into.

This is not a conspiracy to "monopolize" KR update threads and to control information that someone sent a message to me about. In fact, we like it if other people, aside from those in the Mabination Korean Team were to post foreign information as well! The Foreign Mabinogi Section is to share foreign information, whether it comes from the official Korean Team or our beloved nationers, with the community and to have a fun topic to discuss on.

But what we would like to avoid is any legal blackness that would jeopardize the running of Mabination. That is to say that because account creation is such a thin line, discussion on helping to register is forbidden since we would not like to be part of any legal repercussion of someone got caught with stolen information and they trace it back here.

We take a stance on that while we will not stop you from registration or how you obtain a legal account to play Mabinogi with the required information, we will not take part in the process of doing it. Obtaining and handling the account is your own violation. If you obtain an account that can play Mabinogi KR and want to share information on Mabination, please feel free to!

The Korean Team and Administrators of Mabination will also, starting from today, will ignore any private messaging or request on how to register on a Korean website aside from getting links to the registration page, but help on how to actually register will not be entertained.

So please do not send any private message to either the Mabination Staff or Korean Test Team on how to register.

Hope that clears things up.

Thanks,
    Kenero
    Last edited by Kenero; 08-29-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    Kenero of Mari Server.

Royal Alchemist, streaming it through and living relaxed.

"Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don’t learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." - Stephen Colbert

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I greatly appreciate your post Kenero! The staff has been pretty busy lately with RL things so we haven't had much of a deeper discussion in regards to foreign servers. Thank you for posting!

Edit: I went ahead and stuck this thread. If any staff member disagrees with the sticky please let me know.
    Was going to suggest this get stickied anyways if you hadn't done that already. Thanks for clarifying this Kenero. This was a big help.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

The Grandma Fighter Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Good job Kenero, well said.

Also, here's the Mabi China website link.
    http://luoqi.tiancity.com/

Mabination User delight has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    TW Mabi
    Character
    delight
    Total Level
    19XXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    月光騎士
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Mabinogi TW can be registered without Taiwanese ID now, but you do need a valid phone number to activate (oversea numbers are fine).

+ Reply to Thread