Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Request community opinions

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold

Request community opinions

This is no longer relevant, see fix here: http://mabination.com/threads/85829-...Windows-10-100

----------------------------
    I want community opinions on this issue:

If by a certain date NA mabinogi is not playable on windows 10, I want a thread detailing both known methods of getting it to work to be published (both the vindictus glitch and hackshield removal mods).

Any downloads required for the modding would be confirmed to be clean and hosted somewhere that can be trusted.

The wording of the info would be done in such a way that unless the person already knew how to mod (or decided to google to educate themselves), they wouldn't be able to do other mods using just the provided info/files as-is.

The guide and files would be removed when NA Mabi officially gets support for windows 10.

Windows 10 tech previews/insider previews have been available to developers and the tech industry since late 2014. The release date, and the vast scale of (free) upgrades has been known for several months, and if that wasn't enough the OS has been commercially available for over a month now.

There is absolutely no legitimate excuse for mabinogi to rely on some broken malware called hackshield to function correctly.

So depending on how the community feels about this I'm willing to temporarily modify the "no mods" rule to allow this very specific information to be posted here to help people who like keeping their systems up to date to be able to enjoy the game.

No polls to vote on, I want people to post what they think.

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Sounds pretty good. Apart from a hunch that Koreans won't be getting rid of hackshield anytime soon, in cases like this it's always better to give people proper instructions. So there won't be any "someone told me to click somewhere" resulting in breaking the game or getting hacked.

Mabination User

Yai the master of posting Yai the master of posting Yai the master of posting Yai the master of posting Yai the master of posting Yai's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Kneeshot
    Total Level
    10xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I fully support this. I haven't even attempted to play Mabi on Windows 10 yet since it is broken. A public method to get around this would be very nice for me and others who are upgrading.
    Yai - Elf Alchemist/Ranger of Macha, Mabinogi EU

Currently Working to Complete:
    ~ Weaving: r1 ~ Alchemy Mastery: r2 ~ Crash Shot: r7 ~ Critical Hit: r2 ~ Tailoring: rB ~

It's Showtime.

<span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span> has disabled reputation <span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Yai View Post
    I fully support this. I haven't even attempted to play Mabi on Windows 10 yet since it is broken. A public method to get around this would be very nice for me and others who are upgrading.
    I support this as well. It's possible to google search the solutions I'm pretty sure, we might as well make mabination one of the search results.

It's kind of silly they haven't fixed it yet. Maplestory works from what I've heard, so why can't they fix the other clients.
    Last edited by M; 09-10-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I'm fully in support of this as I would love to share my way of getting Windows 10 to work for both KR and NA Mabinogi. It's super easy too, only issue I really had with it was Steam version of Mabi but I'm not sure if my constant switching from KR to NA is causing that.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

Mabination User UnclePine was almost killed by a brown fox
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Uregaunt
    Total Level
    1xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I'd love something like this, because sooner or later I'll have to upgrade to windows 10 and one of the reasons I didn't do it yet is that I know Mabi has issues with it.

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Given the circumstances I consider it an acceptable plan.

sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Support. As pretty much said, Nexon/DevilKitty aren't really doing anything to make Mabinogi run on W10 and eventually Windows 7 will be abandoned.

Did they ever fix the compatibility issues or whatever for Windows 8?

Mabination User Drizzit the explorer of Mabination Drizzit the explorer of Mabination Drizzit the explorer of Mabination Drizzit's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Drizzit
    Total Level
    35XX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Lightguardia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Drizzing
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Please yes. I miss playing Mabi. I tried to figure out how to remove hack shield myself, but I don't know much about losing, and the only legit tool I could find to remove it was posted to mega upload 3 years ago and no longer exists.

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I'll be extra generous and give nexon another week to get their shit together. So until end of business-day next friday the 18th.

I never looked into how to get this to work myself so I'll probably bug Kingofrunes about it when the deadline approaches since he seems to know

Closed Thread