+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get Mabinogi to work with Windows 10 100%

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold

How to get Mabinogi to work with Windows 10 100%

I don't know if this is the best place to put it, but seeing that Osay has approved this method (http://mabination.com/threads/85809-...=1#post1286404) and doesn't consider it modding it's fully within the rules.

Simply relocate your NA HShield folder to a backup spot or just rename it. Then where you have Mabinogi installed, copy this HShield folder from the KR client:

https://404.sh/hostedfiles/HShield.zip

It seems that KR fixed their hackshield at some point.

One thing I do want to note is that some anti virus programs hate KR's Hackshield even more than NA's Hackshield so you may need to temp disable it when you launch as is the case with the one I have. After it launches though you can turn it back on.
    Last edited by Kingofrunes; 09-20-2015 at 12:27 PM. Reason: don't delete original HShield folder, keep it around

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I changed the file host to a direct download.

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Cool, thanks Osay.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    And here is a video guide for the technologically challenged:

Mirage Knight Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Character
    Yoorah
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Yoorah
    Level
    6x
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    An interesting solution. Rather surprising that Mabinogi does not authenticate the HackShield launcher version.

I just downloaded the KR manual patcher mabinogi_patch_850.exe (don't try to dl and patch your NA client with this) and ripped out the HShield component. I believe it's a more methodically proper way of obtaining these files. I've uploaded a copy here: http://kb.mabidata.net/Home/files/HS...R_patch805.zip (or you can download the KR manual patcher above and rip it out yourself.)

Would appreciate if anyone with Windows 10 could test this.

Either way, this is good news as it means Nexon should be applying the fix in NA soon.
    "We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for, I don’t know."

░ [Mari] Beta Tester (CBT since January 2008 <3)
    ░ [Ruairi] Royal Alchemist (1st gen) | Seal Breaker | TTL 5000+
    ░ [Alexina] Grandmaster Fighter | TTL 2000+

Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    retcarahC
    Total Level
    25XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Raid
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Can confirm it works. Also, if these are the same files posted on mabimods a few days ago there might be some false positive issues with hsupdate.exe and some files in the Update folder but it worked for me even if I skipped those files and kept the original NA ones that don't have that issue.
    Last edited by Rynn; 09-14-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Website Guy
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I've replaced the hackshield files on my server with the ones from that korean patch but I do suggest anyone whose in any way concerned for security just use something like 7zip to extract the patch file from the korean servers that Yoorah linked and grab the HShield folder from there.

Mabination User Ghostmonkey has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    this fix also helped my problem with my mouse being disabled everytime I log out of mabi. +1 rep TYVM!

sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Thread deserves a sticky?

Rich Powerful and Crazy Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Splatulated
    Total Level
    10xx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild