+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to get Mabinogi to work with Windows 10 100%

Mabination User Tsubaki the succubus slayer Tsubaki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    i don't think this method should be used unless mods aren't working for some reason.

Mods seriously correct the huge lag issues the NA version of mabinogi has.

3 reasons:
    1. The netcode in mabinogi is designed for korea where everyone gets about 10 ping max. Devcat never bypassed nagle's algorithm because its not necessary in korea, but its a huge problem in the NA version where the large majority of players get medium~high ping. Abyss fixes this.
    2. The font in the NA version of mabinogi is terrible and makes your game halt opening chat windows or any menus. Abyss fixes this by changing the font to a much better one.
    3. Mabinogi was designed in an era where single-core computers were a thing, and by default multithreading isn't enabled. This seriously lowers FPS and Abyss fixes it.

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
    i don't think this method should be used unless mods aren't working for some reason.

Mods seriously correct the huge lag issues the NA version of mabinogi has.

3 reasons:
    1. The netcode in mabinogi is designed for korea where everyone gets about 10 ping max. Devcat never bypassed nagle's algorithm because its not necessary in korea, but its a huge problem in the NA version where the large majority of players get medium~high ping. Abyss fixes this.
    2. The font in the NA version of mabinogi is terrible and makes your game halt opening chat windows or any menus. Abyss fixes this by changing the font to a much better one.
    3. Mabinogi was designed in an era where single-core computers were a thing, and by default multithreading isn't enabled. This seriously lowers FPS and Abyss fixes it.
    This method was more for the people who don't mod their game. However, it would appear that the ones who don't mod and haven't taken that path yet is because they trust NA Nexon or don't want to do anything that may get them banned.

Osay, I've seen claims from some White Knights over on Nexon Forums that this could be considered "illegal modification of the client" and thus against the ToS. Do you see any merit to these claims?

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

Mabination User Tsubaki the succubus slayer Tsubaki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofrunes View Post
    This method was more for the people who don't mod their game. However, it would appear that the ones who don't mod and haven't taken that path yet is because they trust NA Nexon or don't want to do anything that may get them banned.

Osay, I've seen claims from some White Knights over on Nexon Forums that this could be considered "illegal modification of the client" and thus against the ToS. Do you see any merit to these claims?
    I've only seen edgy 12 year olds that packet edit/gold dupe/spawn dragons get banned for modding. You have to try pretty hard to get yourself banned, there probably isn't a public way to get yourself banned.

I don't know why people would be interested in playing a horrible laggy mess that can be fixed with 3 mods. I've used 20x more mods for 6 years and haven't even received a warning.

If Nexon wants to ban me for changing the font I guess they could do that, but I'd rather play an enjoyable version of the game until I get banned.

Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    retcarahC
    Total Level
    25XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Raid
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Just saying, but there's lots of people who can't load crackshield without the KR hackshield so they have to use this even if they have mods.

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    "Illegal modification of the client" is a false phrase in general because modding the client is not against US or whatever law.

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofrunes View Post
    No, and even if I did nexon passed the deadline I would have given them anyways had this method not been brought to light.

As far as I'm concerned when it comes to modding for a videogame it's about changing how the game behaves or looks. That's what I rather not have here on nation to avoid drama (too many grey areas on what's harmful or not). Copying functional hackshield files from korea to overwrite NA's broken ones is not changing gameplay, and hackshield itself retains its intended functions.

Mabination User Roflorz the explorer of Rano Roflorz the explorer of Rano
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydian View Post
    "Illegal modification of the client" is a false phrase in general because modding the client is not against US or whatever law.
    Nor is making an "illegal move" in chess.
    Laws don't always have to do with governments or countries.

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflorz View Post
    Nor is making an "illegal move" in chess.
    Laws don't always have to do with governments or countries.
    Well, the definition of the word "law" implies (and is stated by multiple dictionaries) to specifically refer to a body of government at some level (national, state, county, town).

But you're right that "illegal" doesn't always mean breaking an actual law as it can mean breaking a rule in a game or something... but the connotations of the word "illegal" outside of a sporting event usually mean breaking the law, so I'm always sure to point out that it's not breaking the law.

('Cause a lot of people literally think that game companies have government-level say in what you can and cannot do when their products are involved, which is BS.)

Mabination User Dephiy has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I tried this out and it worked, but would it get my account banned in anyway? o.o

Mabination User Roflorz the explorer of Rano Roflorz the explorer of Rano
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Dephiy View Post
    I tried this out and it worked, but would it get my account banned in anyway? o.o
    yes so stop using it now asap remove it delete it format your hard drive completely so nexon can't trace it back to you hurry before you get perma banned and then ip banned.

tldr: no

+ Reply to Thread