+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How to get Mabinogi to work with Windows 10 100%

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Okay so after that last post I got curious on whether Nexon or Devcat actually mentions this type of thing anywhere in the first place or if it was always just assumed or extrapolated from other things. I checked the general Nexon terms of use document, the Mabinogi forum code of conduct, and the Mabinogi rules (titled "abuse policy" for some reason). Two things stand out.

1 - One is "hacking tools", but that's described as using third-party or illegal programs. Manually updating Hackshield is neither.

2 - The second is straight-up called "modding", but that mentions changing the game files to play in a way that's not intended by the creators. And I'm pretty sure the creators didn't intend the game to not run at all, they intended it to be able to start up and log you in.

So yeah, no problem here, people are assuming too much, oh my god touching files is evil and will draw Satin (the dark lord of fabric) to you, etc.

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydian View Post
    Okay so after that last post I got curious on whether Nexon or Devcat actually mentions this type of thing anywhere in the first place or if it was always just assumed or extrapolated from other things. I checked the general Nexon terms of use document, the Mabinogi forum code of conduct, and the Mabinogi rules (titled "abuse policy" for some reason). Two things stand out.

1 - One is "hacking tools", but that's described as using third-party or illegal programs. Manually updating Hackshield is neither.

2 - The second is straight-up called "modding", but that mentions changing the game files to play in a way that's not intended by the creators. And I'm pretty sure the creators didn't intend the game to not run at all, they intended it to be able to start up and log you in.

So yeah, no problem here, people are assuming too much, oh my god touching files is evil and will draw Satin (the dark lord of fabric) to you, etc.
    Well that's the problem with most people on Nexon Forums. They are White Knights who say things in the name of Nexon. They make claims and attack you based on their own biased/warped assumptions on the matter.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

Mabination User Drelkag has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Just registered to say thanks for this.

Mabination User TheDarkPaladin the bear slayer at age 10 TheDarkPaladin's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Neostar
    Total Level
    4XXX
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Celticforce
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    supposedly tomorrow's maint is supposed to officially fix the HS issues with win10, just putting this out there

Mabination User Ghostmonkey has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    now I can't get mabi to work even with korea's hackshield. I'm thinking of taking a break from this game would do me some good.

Mabination User TheDarkPaladin the bear slayer at age 10 TheDarkPaladin's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Neostar
    Total Level
    4XXX
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Celticforce
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmonkey View Post
    now I can't get mabi to work even with korea's hackshield. I'm thinking of taking a break from this game would do me some good.
    the issue was supposed to be fixed with a maint last week, and i believe it was fixed for most of us

Mabination User Lexianan has just left the soul stream Lexianan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Lexianan
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Anastasius
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    I Honestly haven't had ANY problems. im runing a windows 10 os 64bit, and the only real problems i've had is with start up crashing, and thats only with the steam launcher. very very rare times though, mabi will crash upon warping to another area, via wings of goddess, moon gate, or return stone.
    Thou art I...

And I am Thou...

From the sever of Mari i cometh!

I AM LEXIANAN, *INSERT COOL TITLE HERE*!

+ Reply to Thread