+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [KR] Mabinogi Reborn // 14th of January, 2016

Mabination User
    Xeno the strong Xeno the strong Xeno the strong Xeno the strong Xeno the strong Xeno's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Calisto
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Pariah
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    This is it boys. The update we've been waiting for.

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I don't wanna be a party pooper, but I'm afraid that new high difficulty content is gonna be "get swarmed by AHS mob" yet again. Not to mention that according to that chart, Peaca Abyss is still the hardest stuff as far as dungeons go.

It's good that they are doing something, but so far it's just baiting people into dungeons with rewards instead of trying to rebalance combat. Again.

Θ ε Θ Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    I wonder what the Heroic dungeons will be like... Especially for Peaca, heheh.

But lot of people will be happy though as dungeon revamp have been wanted for a long time now and hopefully it will encourage people to spam dungeons more frequently instead of grinding SMs for easy exp and gold. And also... No new instruments? Ah well, I guess we will continue to use gloomy sunday.

So... I guess this is the 'first part' of 2016 renovation for us... since I do recall the C6 director mentioning something about spirit weapon revamp possibly coming up in 2016 as a part of upgrade. If that is the case... I better see the egoable instruments, knuckles, control bars, guns, and shurikens.
    Last edited by Zeo; 01-14-2016 at 09:33 AM.
    Uhh... here's my Mabination pets? :v

Chimera Prophet Tetosan the skillful Tetosan the skillful Tetosan the skillful Tetosan the skillful Tetosan the skillful Tetosan the skillful Tetosan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Tetosan
    Total Level
    6XXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Gamindustri
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    TetoSerkira
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    CuteFluffyKitten
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    So... I guess this is the 'first part' of 2016 renovation for us... since I do recall the C6 director mentioning something about spirit weapon revamp possibly coming up in 2016 as a part of upgrade. If that is the case... I better see the egoable instruments, knuckles, control bars, guns, and shurikens.
    In my opinion to make an actual good Ego Revamp they wouldn't only need to revamp Egos.
    They would need to nerf all weapons and then make Egos stronger so in the End there's pros and Contra to having an Ego or a Step 6/7 Enchanted Weapon.

Currently you only get a Fire Wand Ego because of some special stuff, all other Egos aren't worth it because they're far weaker than making a Step 6/7 Celtic Weapon.

i'd like to see a Ego Revamp that made all Weapons Egoable, give you the choice WHICH Spirit you want in it. (Like having the Sword Ego Personality and Portrait even tho you Ego'ed a Blunt weapon etc.) and make them balanced between each other and only in some things stronger than Regular Step 6/7 Weapons. something like that an Ego is statistically able to outdamage a Step 6/7 Weapon but it takes a shitton of Care and even once it reached that point requires maintaining.
    However to make that worthwhile they'd need to either make Enemies Smarter/Stronger or nerf 90% of Skills and Weapons and remove some of the (at least for me) annoying things they did in the past. Like nerf the effectivity of Non-Bard Overture or remove it completly again.
    My ideas on that would be to make it only affect the one who uses the skill and only give a really shitty boost. Other idea would be to make it only affect a very narrow Area around the person because you sure as hell ain't gonna hear that idiot in a corner singing when you clash your Weapons with an Ogre.

Other idea would require devCat/Nexon to stop making Bards a pure subtalent and give them more offensive abilities they can use 50% better than non-bard but that would go against the idea of a class-less Game.

This game would really require a lot of dedication by devCat to revamp and make actually balanced again. a good start would probably be to remove Reforges, but it's a nice income from powercreeps so why remove that brings money?

On the matter of Egoable Knuckles and Guns. Sure, as soon as Weapons and Races are balanced out enough.... seriously devCat get a Race revamp going that makes Races balanced and not "Humans rule the world"
     Belisha Hide till Halloween

~†~Bryluen's Little Devil~†~†~Azu's Little Lady~†~

Mabination User Kiru has just left the soul stream Kiru's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Kiruah
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    YESSS

Kiru the Artist Wolf!

Mabination User KINGZZ the bear slayer at age 10
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    KINGZZ
    Total Level
    x
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    The hype is real! They did a good job with this update coming around still waiting for ego revamp to come around. They making good on their word a bit now good job director i didn't expect this much change to dungeons.

French Fries Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    tropacat
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    New Celtic Tetra Cylinder confirmed to have 30% Elemental modifier across the board.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Step 7 will apparently be 30% success rate as opposed to 45%, but can still be affected by Aton Cimeni Anvil.

Hopefully they'll have Protection Stone for this as well.

As for now, R7 for two handed weapons is reported to be 74% bonus crit damage.

French Fries Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    tropacat
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
    Hopefully they'll have Protection Stone for this as well.
    This is honestly gonna be the only way to get me to R7 anything, for now I'm just gonna forget that step7 exists until then.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Well, alternatively, you could be that one guy that hoards every mat and every stones and try to make as many step 6 weapons as possible... and then blow them up with these stones.

I think this is going to be a challenge for players that already have well developed step 6 weapons. Are you going to risk the dangerous chance of your weapon blowing up, or are you going to be content with your power? It also depends on the availability of the weapons, but from what I can tell, this is harder to make than the other celtic weapons we had, and the same can be said about the celtic weapons we already have. The dungeons are known to be noticeably longer, and mobs are noticeably more powerful, as well as the fact that you can't abuse alts as easily anymore. Honestly, the revamped dungeons are still not the hardest thing to do, and I'm not even sure if the mobs are elemental immune or not, we'll figure out shortly. With that being said, I don't think I'm going to go for the step 7 luxury unless I can guarantee the safety of my weapons, because I'm already content with how I'm doing with the hardest contents in the game. The revamped dungeons are lot more challenging than before, but it's still not on the level of S or SS Alban.

+ Reply to Thread