+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reforge Data (Requests Encouraged)

Resident Furvertâ„¢
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Reforge Data (Requests Encouraged)

Reforges are expensive and a gamble where you only see the results out of a huge pool of possibilities. A lot of the time it's hard to tell what's possible and what the numbers are (especially since NA doesn't display the details). Sometimes what's added to the wiki is what's been rumored to exist in other regions but has not actually shown up in NA. Reforge data is pretty unreliable all-around because of those and other factors.

Well, let's try to fix at least a little of it.

What we can see with the client-side data.
    - If a reforge exists in NA in the first place (existence).
    - The name of the stat the reforge is supposed to affect.
    - The stat's numerical change per rank.
    - The basic unit of change (flat, percent, meters).

What we cannot see in the client-side data.
    - If a reforge is currently being applied to items in NA (distribution).
    - Which item types various reforges go onto.
    - Maximum levels when applied to different items.

\db\itemmetalrealview.xml is the list of reforges.
    \local\xml\itemmetalrealview.(region).txt contains the labels for the units.
    \db\skill\skillinfo.xml lists the skills and references for variable labels.
    \local\xml\skillinfo.(region).txt contains the names for visible skill variables.

So for example, the wiki currently lists this for Support Shot.

However in NA's data there's only one reforge listed for Support Shot, and it's the normal damage one. So based on that, the melee damage bonus from Support Shot reforge does not actually exist in NA (I was asked to look into this because people tried for it and it didn't show up anywhere). The Support Shot Damage reforge is the one that exists, but it's a damage increase of 2 per rank (not even percent, flat 2).

So post away and ask about reforges in NA and we'll see what we can clarify.

Mabination User Cookies the golem slayer
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Lucinde
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Thanks a lot for this ;-; at least now we can stop looking for it on bows

How much distance is actually being increased for Sakura Abyss? I've seen the range be pretty ridiculous with the reforge on shuriken

Does Final Hit Duration really exist on melee weapons?

How does the game factor the Discord Movement Speed Down reforge and Playing Instrument Effect reforge (plus possibly music buff effect stat in general) into the Discord skill? With really high buff effect increase it seems like things aren't being slowed down at all
    Last edited by Cookies; 02-22-2016 at 05:55 PM.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Well, Final Hit Duration doesn't exist on melee weapons, that's for sure.

If I had to ask one thing, it would be if Max Attack Power and Combat Mastery Max Damage can go on a same weaving glove (or Magic Attack and Blaze)? Although, I think this question would be under the your "cannot be answered" area.

Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    retcarahC
    Total Level
    25XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Raid
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    They don't, it's considered a life skill tool instead of gloves.

Elvs gud! Rite guise? Esileruf is a friend of Nora Esileruf is a friend of Nora Esileruf is a friend of Nora Esileruf's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Surrept
    Total Level
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Lance Combat
    Guild
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Does Harvest Song Gathering Speed exist on accs? Don't think I've seen one so far, KR sim has it however, and it does exist(albeit very rarely) on gloves.
     :^)

Resident Furvertâ„¢
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookies View Post
    How much distance is actually being increased for Sakura Abyss? I've seen the range be pretty ridiculous with the reforge on shuriken
    Skill ID 26007, there's one reforge for it, affecting variable 4 (attack range), and it increases it by... 1. I'm not sure what the unit multiplier on that is when translated into actual attacks, but 1 radius increase per charge (which would be a diameter increase of 2 per charge) could be building up over time to the huge increase we see in-game.

Does Final Hit Duration really exist on melee weapons?
    Final Hit variables 1, 2, 3, 18, and 19 have reforges. Duration, Cooldown, Teleport Distance, Min Damage, and Max Damage can be affected.

However I can't tell what can or cannot go on categories of gear. Anything should technically work on anything if it's applied, but the server determines what will or will not go onto things when it's applying the reforge.

How does the game factor the Discord Movement Speed Down reforge and Playing Instrument Effect reforge (plus possibly music buff effect stat in general) into the Discord skill? With really high buff effect increase it seems like things aren't being slowed down at all
    I don't know, math like that is not in a human-readable format.

Quote Originally Posted by Esileruf View Post
    Does Harvest Song Gathering Speed exist on accs? Don't think I've seen one so far, KR sim has it however, and it does exist(albeit very rarely) on gloves.
    The limitations on what goes on what is entirely up to the server when giving it out.

Mabination User Zeplic has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Windmill range on gloves? - .. =( - Rumor is it doesn't exist. Nor after maybe a thousand myself (not really looking for that specifically, but it never popped up)

Why do lumber axes get bow quality bonuses?? - I know what to assume, but i'm just hopeful im not aware of something cool on the point of a lumberaxe even being able to be used to benefit from such a thing.

--

Without over complicated math, can you explain in simple terms the differnece between say- CM max attack, SM max attack, Max attack (damage?) ? Why is one better than the other in content that ignores ele and in what way does it stack multipliers differently than just an enchant?

As it stands it looks to me as if a simple +10 damage enchant would be the same thing as a lvl 10 max dmg reforge.. So yeah. what the hell is going on with all that?
    Last edited by Zeplic; 02-23-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Resident Furvertâ„¢
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeplic View Post
    Windmill range on gloves? - .. =( - Rumor is it doesn't exist. Nor after maybe a thousand myself (not really looking for that specifically, but it never popped up)
    Windmill has three reforges. An EXP one, and variables 1 (Damage) and 3 (Attack Range).

So the reforge exists... but again, I cannot tell what type of items reforges go onto. Whether X goes onto gloves or Y goes onto specific hats and may or may not have level restrictions is a restriction decided by the server entirely at the time of application and I can't find any clues to it anywhere.

Why do lumber axes get bow quality bonuses?? - I know what to assume, but i'm just hopeful im not aware of something cool on the point of a lumberaxe even being able to be used to benefit from such a thing.
    Well... Lumber Axes are used in Carpentry and Carpentry is the skill that produces bows?

Without over complicated math, can you explain in simple terms the differnece between say- CM max attack, SM max attack, Max attack (damage?) ? Why is one better than the other in content that ignores ele and in what way does it stack multipliers differently than just an enchant?

As it stands it looks to me as if a simple +10 damage enchant would be the same thing as a lvl 10 max dmg reforge.. So yeah. what the hell is going on with all that?
    Pft Idunno'. The damage formulas aren't out there in plain English.

Mabination User Daniel1235 has saved the goddess Daniel1235's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Daniel1235
    Total Level
    7xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Rispetto
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Heyo. I do know such reforge called "Cooking Quality Bonus" exists, I just want to know how it works and how it is affected by testing rank (and cooking rank?).

Also, I would like to know if it's possible to increase the number of ticks on Dischord or it is only possible to increase damage done by the posion damage of Dischord via Dischord Continuous Damage reforge?

The Restless
    Snowie Stormflower has disabled reputation Snowie Stormflower's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    XSnowie
    Total Level
    15xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

The difference between reforges like Combat Mastery, Blunt Mastery, Axe Mastery, Sword Mastery, etc reforges is the about the kind of weapon they affect.

Sword Mastery only gives you bonuses to swords, Axe Mastery to Axes, etc
    Combat Mastery is the "superior" one, it affects all melee-type weapons (Swords/Axes/Blunts/Unsure about Knuckles/Wands and tools).
    I'm not sure whether or not Sword Mastery Reforges have their bonuses doubled when dual-wielding either, but they might be.

Max Damage from enchants and reforges have no real difference to them except when dual wielding with max-damage-enchanted weapons, but I'll save you the complicated formulas there. Max Damage on dual wielded weapons functions slightly differentl from than Max Damage from a Glove or something.

A 10 Damage Enchant is essentially the same as a 10 Damage Reforge as you said, the only difference being that the damage from Enchants applies to literally every weapon you use, and Reforges could be specific to only 1 type of weapon.
    The exception to this again is when you get the actual Max Damage Reforge on Accesories or Cooking Pots.
    Last edited by Snowie Stormflower; 02-24-2016 at 05:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread