+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archery aiming speed info.

Resident Furvertâ„¢
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Archery aiming speed info.

1 - A bow's "speed" is how fast it reloads, not how fast it aims. (Right?)

2 - Vivace increases aim speed (can't find where I posted the tests). Do other attack speed boosts, like the set effect, work as well?

3 - The range of a ranged weapon affects aiming speed. At the same distance, a higher-range bow will aim faster because aim time is scaled against the bow's max distance, not absolute distance to the target.

Test

the Master Otaku Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Total Level
    71xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Starlet
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydian View Post
    1 - A bow's "speed" is how fast it reloads, not how fast it aims. (Right?)

2 - Vivace increases aim speed (can't find where I posted the tests). Do other attack speed boosts, like the set effect, work as well?

3 - The range of a ranged weapon affects aiming speed. At the same distance, a higher-range bow will aim faster because aim time is scaled against the bow's max distance, not absolute distance to the target.
    1) Yep, bow's speed as you see on its stats window is how fast you can load another archery skill. Also determines stun time IIRC.
    (From KR Mabi)

2) I'm not too sure about Vivace's effects on aim speed, but I know that Attack Speed Boosts, such as those given by the Chinese armor set, affects the loading speed, e.g. How fast you can load another archery skill.
    (From Personal Experience way back in G8 ish)

3) Yep, this is also true. A lot of old-time players also know this, but the newer players do not. Go Figure.
    (No seriously. When archery was big, everyone and their mothers knew about this to the point it was common knowledge, and Wing Bows were the top-tier bows)
    Hype for this series MEGA-INTENSIFIES

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Chihaya View Post
    1) Yep, bow's speed as you see on its stats window is how fast you can load another archery skill. Also determines stun time IIRC.
    (From KR Mabi)

2) I'm not too sure about Vivace's effects on aim speed, but I know that Attack Speed Boosts, such as those given by the Chinese armor set, affects the loading speed, e.g. How fast you can load another archery skill.
    (From Personal Experience way back in G8 ish)

3) Yep, this is also true. A lot of old-time players also know this, but the newer players do not. Go Figure.
    (No seriously. When archery was big, everyone and their mothers knew about this to the point it was common knowledge, and Wing Bows were the top-tier bows)
    1. Reload time, yes, stun time no. Stun time is based on what hit weapon it is and the original speed of that weapon (ex: LLB 3 hit weapon vs Bhafel Hunter 2 hit weapon)

2. As a long time archer with capped dex and basically complete archer gears and my highest single time damage that isn't lance charge coming from archery, I can say that attack speed set does not affect the loading speed. Also speaking from before dynamic combat patch, attack speed does NOT affect loading time. Either ways, it's safe to say attack speed enhancement of any sort has any significant improvement to archery.

3. Pretty common knowledge, pretty sure this has been discussed thousands of times.
    Last edited by ironwoman; 05-10-2016 at 08:12 PM.

The Restless
    Snowie Stormflower has disabled reputation Snowie Stormflower's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    XSnowie
    Total Level
    15xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
    1. Reload time, yes, stun time no. Stun time is based on what hit weapon it is (ex: LLB 3 hit weapon vs Bhafel Hunter 2 hit weapon)
    Are you sure? I could've sworn the Short bow and Elven Short Bow have little to no stun time and they have the same amount of hits as a LLB...

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Because they're fast hit weapons, forgot to include that in the post.

Mabination User gundamweed the explorer of Mabination gundamweed the explorer of Mabination gundamweed the explorer of Mabination gundamweed's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I've always wondered, since I main a giant and all I don't touch archery let alone the other two races, about magnum shot.

That said, does the aim speed difference between elves and humans carry over to magnum shot?

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    No, the Ranged Attack skill aiming time difference doesn't transfer to Magnum Shot or Crash Shot, they'll be aiming at the same rate.

Resident Furvertâ„¢
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    So I tested "reload" speed/delay on bows too. Measured from the moment the arrow fires (the frame at which aim percent vanishes and the player model is put into the fired animation), until the skill reloads (the frame in which the bubble appears overhead). Spamming that E key and averaging the results.

Slow Bow, ~1.05 seconds
    Average 63 frames.

Normal Bow, ~0.87 seconds
    Average 52.5 frames

Fast Bow, ~0.77 seconds.
    Average 46.6 frames.

The penalty from normal to slow is bigger than from fast to normal, interesting.

+ Reply to Thread