+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unused & Old Books

Resident Furvertâ„¢
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Unused & Old Books

So I've been digging around collection books (and books in general) to see if there's anything that's interesting, unfinished (players have greater access to items in-game now than in the past), or simply overlooked. I'm not including anything untranslated that was for overseas events or anything like that (because they don't matter to us), but here's some of my random findings.

- Enchant Collection Volume 8 (#1546). Up to volume 7 exists in-game, but 8 is not only an item, but a functional book with the contents on the NA book server. The reward is the Magical enchant... but not the "Magical" we know of that comes from Shyllien (that's renamed from "Magic Power"). This Magical reward is an earlier, unreleased enchant.

- Fashion Item - Cores (#1502). Seems to be an alternate version of "Fashion Item - Hat (#1501)", giving the same reward but needing a different set of items.

- Book of the Holy Grail (#1212). I almost skipped over this because I saw the spider part collections and thought it was one of the glowing statue books, but it's actually something much creepier. Upon completion you'd get... Holy Grail. Nicca has some text and triggers relating to it and it appears to be an alternate way to enter the Final Hit dungeon overseas?

- Party Guidebook For Dungeons (#1609). A guidebook on the basics of making a party to take on Ciar dungeon, which is much more dangerous than Alby dungeon. Still has the older GUI style in the screenshots and all that jazz, not sure why it doesn't appear to be available in NA.

- Some of the older guidebooks have screenshots with very old translations. I've never seen any of this referenced before, were these open beta translations or something? The text in some of these books seems like it was translated by a native Asian person too, what with the rampant substitution of the subject in sentences. Also typos.

- Illustrations in books are neat to look at, the few that exist. Here's one of some common items and categories.

- There's a lot of book URLs with the userbook_ prefix, but they 404 on the NA book server, so those are probably the ones removed out of copyright concerns. There's about 57 of them.

I checked a few of the other old books but nothing stood out that I saw.

The Restless
    Snowie Stormflower has disabled reputation Snowie Stormflower's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    XSnowie
    Total Level
    15xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    That old Magical enchant you speak of was actuall releasedf at one point, then after 2012 it suddenly vanished and it was never released anywhere else again.
    Someone might still have it somewhere though.

(I think you forgot the -15% Repair Cost in the stats for it, too)

Resident Furvertâ„¢
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowie Stormflower View Post
    That old Magical enchant you speak of was actuall releasedf at one point, then after 2012 it suddenly vanished and it was never released anywhere else again.
    Someone might still have it somewhere though.

(I think you forgot the -15% Repair Cost in the stats for it, too)
    That links to enchant ID 20764, the current one with that name, whereas the original Magical that would be given by book 8 is enchant ID 20723. They'd probably rename the original Magical to something else. Like they did with the Incubus/Shaman gear for some reason.

But yup, I was missing the -15%!
    Didn't realize there was a separate tag for that modifier specifically.

Mabination User kvkmahesh1969 has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Pictorial knowledge from George newnes limited London of total of ten books I got only nine where can I get the missing one. Year of publishing not available and how to find out

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread