+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tool] MabiMe - Character Viewer and More

Mabination User

Yai the master of posting Yai the master of posting Yai the master of posting Yai the master of posting Yai the master of posting Yai's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Kneeshot
    Total Level
    10xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Heart [Tool] MabiMe - Character Viewer and More

Hello everyone!

I got permission from the other staff a while back to go ahead and post this, but it has taken a while to get it ready. So what exactly is "MabiMe"?

Introduction
    I started working on this project around a week ago, the idea came about while thinking about existing simulators and how they could be improved. My thoughts? Why not just use your existing Mabinogi? Who needs to download additional content or use a slow laggy ActiveX control? Well those days are no more.

What it does
    MabiMe is a character simulator that reads directly from your .pack files to function. It will behave similarly to websites except in more detail and with an easy to use UI. The primary goal is to be able to view different equipment and "dress up" a character. The end goal is to expand it beyond that and explore things like pets, monsters etc.

Current progress

• Able to auto detect Mabinogi package location (on Windows) in most cases. In the case of a fail, a custom path can be set.

• Reads all the .pack files the same way Mabinogi does. All of them are loaded and the newest revision of the file is used. (Revision support may come in the future)

• Can view most PMGs correctly, I have tested many different meshes including outfits, hair, monsters, pets and items.

• Basic FRM support. I'm currently trying to work out where the joint data is stored. If anyone has experience with the this I would be very grateful on any info that can be shared. My understanding is that the joint data is within the PMG but I have not managed to figure out where yet. Public PMG editors and scripts do not seem to load this data.

• Internally, each character is stored as a single model. This is similar to a layers function in a drawing tool. When the UI exists for this, you will be able to remove, toggle visibility and edit parts of a character.

Current Todo
    • Finish bone joint support (explained above)
    • Add dyeing
    • Add skin colours / eye colours & styles
    • Add main UI front end for the application

Where can I get it?

Currently there is no download as the functionality is small, however I have the code hosted over on gitHub for anyone versed in C++ and Qt to take a look at.

It gets updated fairly often, and when it reaches a usable state I'll be posting download links in this very topic!

Source code - GitHub
    Last edited by Yai; 05-23-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    Yai - Elf Alchemist/Ranger of Macha, Mabinogi EU

Currently Working to Complete:
    ~ Weaving: r1 ~ Alchemy Mastery: r2 ~ Crash Shot: r7 ~ Critical Hit: r2 ~ Tailoring: rB ~

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Awesome! When it's released we'll be able to afk in our millions worth of gold outfits without even logging in.

Mabination User

Yai the master of posting Yai the master of posting Yai the master of posting Yai the master of posting Yai the master of posting Yai's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Kneeshot
    Total Level
    10xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    Awesome! When it's released we'll be able to afk in our millions worth of gold outfits without even logging in.
    LOL it is sad that I see some truth in that statement.

~ Weaving: r1 ~ Alchemy Mastery: r2 ~ Crash Shot: r7 ~ Critical Hit: r2 ~ Tailoring: rB ~

Mirage Knight Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Character
    Yoorah
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Yoorah
    Level
    6x
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Good job! Now add automatic screenshot sharing to a social media type site where you can rank and comment on outfits from other players.
    Then watch Mabi die.
    "We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for, I don’t know."

░ [Mari] Beta Tester (CBT since January 2008 <3)
    ░ [Ruairi] Royal Alchemist (1st gen) | Seal Breaker | TTL 5000+
    ░ [Alexina] Grandmaster Fighter | TTL 2000+

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    This'll be great for previewing outfits without having to fiddle around with the files and junk manually.

Mabination User

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Kneeshot
    Total Level
    10xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I have a few updates to share. Things have been quiet because I have been working on getting skeletal animation to work. Today I finally got it working properly, so here is a picture of a skyscraper:

I'll be able to add poses and animations soon now.

Next to do:

- Add Locale / XML data reader
    - Find and make a widget to select skin colours
    - Update this on the model.

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    That's pretty cool. When it's finished people can really just play with this instead of playing on nexon's servers. 90% of the same fashionogi functionality, none of the BS.

Mirage Knight Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Yoorah's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Character
    Yoorah
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Yoorah
    Level
    6x
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Osayidan View Post
    That's pretty cool. When it's finished people can really just play with this instead of playing on nexon's servers. 90% of the same fashionogi functionality, none of the BS.
    Pretty much. Which is why I mentioned the social/sharing aspect. 'cause fashionogis gotta show off. :P

This should be renamed to Unlimited Fashionogi Works.
    "We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for, I don’t know."

░ [Mari] Beta Tester (CBT since January 2008 <3)
    ░ [Ruairi] Royal Alchemist (1st gen) | Seal Breaker | TTL 5000+
    ░ [Alexina] Grandmaster Fighter | TTL 2000+

Mabination User

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Kneeshot
    Total Level
    10xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Osayidan View Post
    *sneaks dye reforges into the app

LOL I get what you mean, it is a bit of a shame most people see the game itself this way xD I really set about making this out of curiosity though, not sure how far it will get!

Mabination User Twin has disabled reputation Twin's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Character
    Twin
    Total Level
    x
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    x
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    NoCharacter
    Level
    x
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Mmm... Sounds interesting.

There is nothing you could sell me, for what I already have deep inside.

+ Reply to Thread