[Tool] MabiMe - Character Viewer and More
I got permission from the other staff a while back to go ahead and post this, but it has taken a while to get it ready. So what exactly is "MabiMe"?
I started working on this project around a week ago, the idea came about while thinking about existing simulators and how they could be improved. My thoughts? Why not just use your existing Mabinogi? Who needs to download additional content or use a slow laggy ActiveX control? Well those days are no more.
What it does
MabiMe is a character simulator that reads directly from your .pack files to function. It will behave similarly to websites except in more detail and with an easy to use UI. The primary goal is to be able to view different equipment and "dress up" a character. The end goal is to expand it beyond that and explore things like pets, monsters etc.
- Able to auto detect Mabinogi package location (on Windows) in most cases. In the case of a fail, a custom path can be set.
- Reads all the .pack files the same way Mabinogi does. All of them are loaded and the newest revision of the file is used. (Revision support may come in the future)
- Can view most PMGs correctly, I have tested many different meshes including outfits, hair, monsters, pets and items.
- Basic FRM support. I'm currently trying to work out where the joint data is stored. If anyone has experience with the this I would be very grateful on any info that can be shared. My understanding is that the joint data is within the PMG but I have not managed to figure out where yet. Public PMG editors and scripts do not seem to load this data.
- Internally, each character is stored as a single model. This is similar to a layers function in a drawing tool. When the UI exists for this, you will be able to remove, toggle visibility and edit parts of a character.
- Finish bone joint support (explained above)
- Add dyeing
- Add skin colours / eye colours & styles
- Add main UI front end for the application
Where can I get it?
Currently there is no download as the functionality is small, however I have the code hosted over on gitHub for anyone versed in C++ and Qt to take a look at.
It gets updated fairly often, and when it reaches a usable state I'll be posting download links in this very topic!
Source code - GitHub
Last edited by Yai; 05-23-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Awesome! When it's released we'll be able to afk in our millions worth of gold outfits without even logging in.
LOL it is sad that I see some truth in that statement.
Originally Posted by Konrad
Good job! Now add automatic screenshot sharing to a social media type site where you can rank and comment on outfits from other players.
Then watch Mabi die.
This'll be great for previewing outfits without having to fiddle around with the files and junk manually.
I have a few updates to share. Things have been quiet because I have been working on getting skeletal animation to work. Today I finally got it working properly, so here is a picture of a skyscraper:
I'll be able to add poses and animations soon now.
Next to do:
- Add Locale / XML data reader
- Find and make a widget to select skin colours
- Update this on the model.
That's pretty cool. When it's finished people can really just play with this instead of playing on nexon's servers. 90% of the same fashionogi functionality, none of the BS.
Pretty much. Which is why I mentioned the social/sharing aspect. 'cause fashionogis gotta show off. :P
Originally Posted by Osayidan
This should be renamed to Unlimited Fashionogi Works.
*sneaks dye reforges into the app
Originally Posted by Osayidan
LOL I get what you mean, it is a bit of a shame most people see the game itself this way xD I really set about making this out of curiosity though, not sure how far it will get!
Mmm... Sounds interesting.
Tags for this Thread