Guild
    Conglomerate
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydian View Post
    - Guarded Footsteps needs 10 kills as lead (solo does not work) to unlock at level 1, so I didn't think to include it for a newbie guide, also not familiar enough with VHM to include tactics.
    It is actually possible to get this skill using solo raids. You have to create the raid squad after pressing the solo raid dialogue option, after that it will let you enter into the raid while in a squad and count towards sub-skill training completion.

Resident Furvertâ„¢
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbro View Post
    You have to create the raid squad after pressing the solo raid dialogue option
    Welp time to spread that around to everybody I know that still needs 10.

And time to update the first post.

EDIT: Added the titles, Bohemian bit, and bone chip bit.
    Last edited by Rydian; 06-30-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Iyasenu has tamed a desert dragon Iyasenu has tamed a desert dragon Iyasenu has tamed a desert dragon Iyasenu has tamed a desert dragon Iyasenu has tamed a desert dragon Iyasenu has tamed a desert dragon Iyasenu has tamed a desert dragon Iyasenu's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Teraschione
    Total Level
    10xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Vates
    Guild
    Pursuit
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Bone Dragon debuff works on Girgashiy, which is nice with its -Prot debuff, but it's a shame that the Scooter Imp's... debuff over time(?) doesn't seem to affect it.

Also, about Party Heal/Mineral Hail.
    A weird quirk.
    It seems that if you've already got PH loaded, even if you get Hailed on with no protection (no SoT), it won't cancel it, allowing you to recover a little bit.

And, about Hail's damage.
    It can be lowered via Transformations' Mana Deflector-type skills. (well... in a % of Max HP sort of way, if not total damage)
    But also...
    If Magic-type passive defense (through magical clothing or upgrades) or Shield/Heavy Armor Mastery's Auto-Defense happens to trigger, it will halve the damage taken from Hail.
    Though, this is NOT to be confused with the *ping* of using Defense with a Shield.
    If you're using a shield with defense loaded, you'll see yourself flash blue, but Hail's damage won't be mitigated.

Of course this is entirely luck-based, but it can be better than nothing?

Also, was it mentioned that there are minimum Shield quotas?
    Like X out of Y people in the party must be shielded from Mineral Hail in order for an opening to be made for Spikers to lock the Girgashiy down.
    Not sure of the specifics, but in a party of 16 on Normal Difficulty, a minimum of 3 people must be protected from Hail to stun Girg. (So a minimum of 1 Shielder since they can protect theirself and 2 allies)
     Kenero Drew Me!

Resident Furvertâ„¢
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Split buffs and debuffs into separate things.

Linked each Girgashiy skill to the skill page on the wiki because the pages have lots of additional info I don't want to clutter the guide with.

Interesting that Mineral Hail doesn't cancle a loaded Party Heal, even though it'll cancel the loading of it. I wonder if it forces player movement in a way that's not a normal knockback (sort of like how souls forces a death in a way that causes dead players to "die" again).

Hail is magic eh? Too bad pinging is unreliable. What's the max people can get without trans chances anyways?

I mentioned looking at the skill pages for more mechanics, but the minimum shield/spike thing is important enough that you're right, I should mention it's there.

Mabination User KBaller69 has just left the soul stream KBaller69's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    KBaller69
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Adventure
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Character
    NA
    Level
    x
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydian View Post
    Split buffs and debuffs into separate things.

Linked each Girgashiy skill to the skill page on the wiki because the pages have lots of additional info I don't want to clutter the guide with.

Interesting that Mineral Hail doesn't cancle a loaded Party Heal, even though it'll cancel the loading of it. I wonder if it forces player movement in a way that's not a normal knockback (sort of like how souls forces a death in a way that causes dead players to "die" again).

Hail is magic eh? Too bad pinging is unreliable. What's the max people can get without trans chances anyways?

I mentioned looking at the skill pages for more mechanics, but the minimum shield/spike thing is important enough that you're right, I should mention it's there.
    I should see if indigo cotton candy would register as ping with mineral hail. Also, makes me wonder if persona or paper plane action's invincibility frames are negated by mineral hail. (I would imagine so since the transformation action is definitely hit by hail)

~Also about using axe smash for the debuff, it's not really that inconvenient because the person doing axe smash can also follow up with rage impact. It's best for shielders to do so because of needing to smash while girg is being spiked, spinning uppercut, and devil's dash.
    ~Even though having run vhm since its release I'm still uncertain about the usefulness of getting level 15 breaking lies. Every 10 points put into smiting increases the skill damage by 5% leaving 5 points unnecessary. It's not unheard of for over 200k damage to be dealt with high BFO, cater, SS/rage stack, debuffs, etc and having only level 12 BL. Possibly it stacks to a certain amount which greatly increases the damage you're able to do within 10 or so seconds after the combo. Going from 4 support shot blades and then the rest dropping simultaneously and switching straight to dps (FH/bash) even VHM girgashiy's HP melts away like butter. Only 4 blades being buffed as opposed to all, the success rates were considerably higher, going from depending on crits and completing 30-40% of entering and completion 80-85% of the time if not more depending on the reliability of the group. I apologize for the wall of text, just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in ^^
    Last edited by KBaller69; 07-06-2016 at 11:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread