+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Hacking Incidents

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold

Recent Hacking Incidents

Okay this is a weird case and after talking with some other people seems I'm not the only one that got hit.

It seems that somehow on July 1st someone managed to get on my account and take all my good shit, drop my bags, clear out my dressing room, and I don't even want to think of the damages. They were unable to hit my bank though.

Also my bank pin, password, and secondary pin remained intact. Nobody lives with me and has access to my computer so I have no idea how the bloody hacker got on my account in the first place. I also haven't shared my password with anyone and my Mabinogi password is different password from any other website I use and isn't easy to guess.

I've submitted a ticket to Nexon but I don't expect much to come from it. I guess if I don't get my stuff back this is good bye from Mabinogi forever cause I didn't spend all that money and put in all those hours for my shit to go poof like that. I was going to use that shit someday.

Has anyone else heard anything about hackings going on in the first week of July?
    Last edited by Kingofrunes; 07-15-2016 at 06:23 PM.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

Mabination User ZeroPantz the bear slayer with a single blow ZeroPantz's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ZeroPantz
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Martial Arts
    Guild
    Amaterasu
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Oh wow, dude. That seriously sucks. X_x; I really hope Nexon'll do something for you and get you all your stuff back.

Also, I've heard nothing from my friends that play Mabi about being hacked/anyone being hacked, but I'll ask around some more just in case.

Mabination User Infighter has just left the soul stream Infighter's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Infighter
    Total Level
    20xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Vates
    Guild
    Blazed
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I've heard things like 'hackers aimed people who uses Discord'. Not sure if its true or not, but it would be safe to keep away from external programs for now.
     Signature

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    I've heard things like 'hackers aimed people who uses Discord'. Not sure if its true or not, but it would be safe to keep away from external programs for now.
    Interesting. I know I use Dischord and used the same username I use for Mabinogi as my Dischord username. Although how they would have gained access through that is a bit bothersome.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Did you have any sort of two-step authentication on your e-mail?

Mabination User gundamweed the explorer of Mabination gundamweed the explorer of Mabination gundamweed the explorer of Mabination gundamweed's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Valus
    Total Level
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    Ariadust
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    sounds like a keylogger situation

Mabination User Daakun the aspiring sailor Daakun the aspiring sailor Daakun's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Daakun
    Total Level
    168XX
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Druid
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Discord is trash anyway. Notifications make the entire ****ing side of the screen unusable.
    And if you disable those, it won't even make the beep sound.

Edit: Oh, and there's no manual way to set busy. And there's no way to pop a chat out into its own window. And there's no way to at least just hide the massive ui fringes.
    Last edited by Daakun; 07-16-2016 at 10:42 PM.
    It's a secret to everybody.

Rich Powerful and Crazy Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Splatulated
    Total Level
    10xx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Troopguild
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    :c
     #F7FDF5

Chen Fanboy
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydian View Post
    Did you have any sort of two-step authentication on your e-mail?
    In 2016? Of course, every site that offers two-step authentication I have it on. I don't take chances. It's amazing that people actively SHOT down the idea when I suggested it for Mabinogi despite the fact that secondary passwords are absolutely fucking garbage!

Quote Originally Posted by gundamweed View Post
    sounds like a keylogger situation
    I'd be surprised if it was a keylogger situation. It would have to be a really obscure and good keylogger to get past my Webroot Secureanywhere antivirus I have on my machine. Or at least I would hope that's the case. If that isn't the case, I wouldn't even begin to know where to look for a keylogger on my machine.
    Last edited by Kingofrunes; 07-17-2016 at 01:07 AM.

[Tumblr|Youtube]

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Definitely hoping for some info to come from the ticket.

+ Reply to Thread