+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ironwoman's Gear Guide 2.0

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

ironwoman's Gear Guide 2.0

Finally stopped being lazy and made a new guide to compensate for my crappy and outdated old one.

In here, I use my gear as an example to explain what choices to make and why.

I also have a tier list.

Guide itself

Tier List

Anak's Knight Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Whitebeard
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Great guide! It's exactly what I was looking for. It seems having Oblivion on everything isn't the norm anymore.

Just got one question: why don't you have Beholder's swords in your guide? Just kidding. For reals this time: Why are elemental reforges "meh"? I remember rumors about them not working on newer content, but still, it was said that if you landed a triple 6 ele, you'd be the god of Mabi. It seems odd that they'd be considered "meh" nowadays. It's specially jarring since there's a huge difference between elemental reforged weapons and not elemental ones.
    I order you to click these adorable Pokemons!

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Having Oblivion is still pretty much a norm, but it's just that there are better options for prefixes for lots of things. For hats and accs, it's still very difficult to find better prefixes (especially for you).

Elemental reforges are pretty meh right now because it has limited uses. It's a damage amplifier in missions and MA, but you can do those without ele weapons anyway (and often more effectively). Only reason I would keep an ele weapon is if it is double ele. Ele by itself isn't anything noteworthy, but ele combined with Lance Charge Main Target or Smash is S+ tier worthy. Also ele will be in S+ tier zone once dungeon revamp comes out.

Anak's Knight Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Whitebeard
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I have a feeling I shouldn't have sold that oblivion dexterity wig...o_o

"especially for you" what do you mean? Am I such a unique player that nothing would better my gear or something?

"Missions and MA" does this mean Eles don't work in Raids either? If so, well, that sucks. I spent hundreds on my lance years back. QQ

I keep hearing about dungeons revamp. Did this already happen in KR and we are just waiting for them to localize it or has it just been announced? I'll have to check this out. Truth be told, I believe if they work on the older content, Mabi would be better than giving us new classes and generations. I know I wouldn't mind another Saga, but having older areas reworked and NPCs more fleshed out along with PTJs and the like would be the best thing ever. :D

ps: sorry for late reply. I thought this thread was in the question section for some reason.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    What I meant by that is because the places the enchants drop in are places that you might not exactly like, especially to spam. Being back from a long hiatus means (in my assumption at least, would need to look at your stats to make a definitive statement) you don't exactly have the high stats and the for the contents that drop the enchants basically ask you to have higher stats to make them efficient runs.

Elemental reforges work in every raid except BD, WD and Girgashiy raids. It also works in the upcoming dungeon revamp so that's a plus.

It happened a while ago in KR servers and you can find all the info you need in MabiNation.

Mabination User bob has defeated the golden spiderling
    Mabinogi
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    you say oblivion is easy to obtain, can you give some insights on how to hunt gnus?
    I miss my arrows so often, I can be a storm trooper...

Also, i'd like to thank League of Legends for teaching me how to be toxic.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    you say oblivion is easy to obtain, can you give some insights on how to hunt gnus?
    Gachas pooped out too many of them.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Whitebeard
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
    What I meant by that is because the places the enchants drop in are places that you might not exactly like, especially to spam. Being back from a long hiatus means (in my assumption at least, would need to look at your stats to make a definitive statement) you don't exactly have the high stats and the for the contents that drop the enchants basically ask you to have higher stats to make them efficient runs.
    It makes sense. I'm barely breaking 900 Str, still need to get that Bash and Fus-do-rah skills to rank 1. I'm kinda going for life skills atm to go with my newly acquired Archery skills. Do you think it's worth it to reforge an r1 Dragon knight bow?

I'll have to look into this dungeon revamp. :)

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    BDK bow is the most efficient option, but in general not something that you want to stick with if you want to take archery seriously.

Having archery ranked is fine, but you should probably ask yourself, "Will I actually use this skill set enough to justify making a whole set dedicated to it?"

Keep in mind archery takes fuck ton of investment. As a main archer myself, I'm not trying to shy you away from doing archery, but rather have you reconsider. Archery isn't a skill set that is worth investing if you're not going to go full try hard mode with it.

Mabination User callback the ogre slayer callback's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    7XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    If Bhafel is out of the question then CRC should be top priority, especially for human archers, right?

+ Reply to Thread