+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ironwoman's Gear Guide 2.0

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Yes and no, and that depends on your willingness to utilize campfire or not. If Bhafel is out of the question, then the crossbow or Salvation Bow is your next best bet.

Mabination User bob has defeated the golden spiderling
    Mabinogi
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    at what roll/point does the bhafel hunter consider garbage?
    im scared of rolling a min and cry so im probably gonna skip making one.
    I miss my arrows so often, I can be a storm trooper...

Also, i'd like to thank League of Legends for teaching me how to be toxic.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I'm honestly using pretty garbage Bhafels myself. My ER one is 58 max and my ele one is 51 max. As long as it's over 50 max, I don't think it's a big deal since huntress basically covers it anyway.

Anak's Knight Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Whitebeard
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I like crossbows. What crossbow are we talking about? Is there one pre-r1'd? I ask because getting an item from nothing to r1 takes hundreds of buckaroos/tens of millions of gold. This is probably why BKB looks so tempting. :S

Also I'm branching from Combat/Lance/Fighter to Archery. I'd like to have it in my resume when I go applying for jobs and stuff. :D

Yeah, I'm not [at the moment] going to invest hundreds of dollars into getting the best bow out there, but I would like something to use when I go into dungeons/elites/lords/raids/etc. I have a lv20 magnum tengu glove I'd like to try out. Once I'm done with life skills I might go for the uber godly divine slayer of gods bow, but by then, something new might come out, so I'm holding onto my gear for now. :)
    Last edited by Fabian; 07-28-2016 at 01:05 AM.
    I order you to click these adorable Pokemons!

Mabination User Honey the bear slayer at age 10 Honey's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    @Fabian;
    i think ironwoman may be referring to the celtic royal crossbow. as far as i know, there's no pre-r1'd ones.
    and about the black dragon knight's bow, it is pretty decent, but if you actually want to main archery (like end-game archery) it wouldn't be the ideal weapon.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    The crossbow I'm point to is the Celtic Royal Crossbow, and it's hard to make atm. No pre r1 reforge (and even if there were, you shouldn't look to it because it won't come in the best quality possible).

As for archery, one random magnum shot level 20 gloves won't do much good. You literally need a whole set dedicated to just archery if you want to be anywhere relevant with archery.

Anak's Knight Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Whitebeard
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    @Fabian;
    i think ironwoman may be referring to the celtic royal crossbow.
    I see. I guess that rules it out. I'll just go for the BDK Bow for now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
    No pre r1 reforge (and even if there were, you shouldn't look to it because it won't come in the best quality possible).
    It doesn't seem worth it to spent hundreds of dollars on fine reforges just to get a couple max damage. Knowing Nexon though, they'll pop a gacha with X graded celtic weapons which not even Blacksmiths can make (it's happened before).

As for archery, one random magnum shot level 20 gloves won't do much good. You literally need a whole set dedicated to just archery if you want to be anywhere relevant with archery.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but magnum level 20 gloves > entire vanilla Bohemian set - support shot, no? Cost effectiveness wise, my glove took 1 gacha + 1 fine reforge, while reforging an entire Bohemian set would take you (if you use NX) some $500 just to get that extra dakka from the Bohemian set. Seems like a huge cost for such a minimal reward. I might as well drop that in a Magnum combo card and get even more damage. D:

Thanks for the info though. I really appreciate it. ^_^

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I guess you still don't get it.

Even if it seems minimal, yes, you need that much more damage wherever possible for archery to be your relevant skill set. Also, Nexon has never released S+ tier (or even Salvation Bows) ranged weapons in the gacha, as well as with the current Celtic weapons released from gacha few months ago, they still weren't the best quality possible (2 max less than what Blacksmithing can offer, though they did come pre-reforged at rank 2), not to mention Bhafel Hunters and Celtic Royal Crossbow has never come out of gachas in any Mabinogi regions. When you really want to get into a skill set seriously, you get the best damaging option possible, and set the efficiency aside for now. And it's not just spending reforges to get "couple of max damages". You get more valuable reforges like effective range on bows (which isn't that hard to get).

Magnum Shot 20 gloves also cost much more than Bohemian set. Bohemian Set without reforges is essentially Magnum Shot 7.5 gloves, and Bohemian Set with Magnum Shot 20 is basically Magnum Shot 30.5 gloves. If you add in 2x Mag 3 accs, the whole set is equivalent to Magnum Shot 37.4 gloves. The difference using and not using Bohemian set with Magnum Shot reforges in both cases is big.

In short, if you want to be using your archery with any degree of seriousness (especially in lords/raids/alban), you can't get by using cheap gears. You have to really invest a lot to start feeling useful and also need the stats to kick in.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Whitebeard
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Yeah, I'll focus on skills for now. By the time I'm done, they might release the materials for Bhafel and the like on gacha like they did with Rosemary gloves. I don't really feel like spending that much again, so I'll just stick to efficient lower damage gear. Just enough to get me by. Thanks for the advise!

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    They won't. The Mabinogi KR team specifically said that the materials for dragon equipments won't come from gachapons (though they can come from costly Dragon Summon Scrolls but they're not counted as gachapons). This is something NA players really mistake Nexon for. Just because something's good, doesn't mean it will come from gachapon (like Divine weapons, dragon equipments, etc). With that being said, you can't (and shouldn't) rely on the equipments released from gachapons, and Magnum Shot 20 Tengu gloves and r1 BDK bow is definitely not "enough" for you to get by.

+ Reply to Thread