+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ironwoman's Gear Guide 2.0

Anak's Knight Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Whitebeard
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
    With that being said, you can't (and shouldn't) rely on the equipments released from gachapons, and Magnum Shot 20 Tengu gloves and r1 BDK bow is definitely not "enough" for you to get by.
    Why not? Nexon has never failed to deliver before. Enchanted reforged grade X weapons have been released before already; Oblivion Dexterity wigs;Metal needle and avenger accessories;the aforementioned Rosemary materials were released when people had just spent months gathering materials. Hell, this is a company that came out with reforges. You can expect anything from them. They have a keen sense for money after all.

As for your last sentence, we shall see. I have to train some life skills before taking up your challenge, but you'll hear from me soon enough.

[in like a year or two or three]
    Last edited by Fabian; 07-29-2016 at 01:44 AM.
    I order you to click these adorable Pokemons!

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    They give you efficient options, not the best options. The best options in game still requires you to make it yourself. Those x-grade are weapons that are surpassable by Blacksmithing now, after talents came in. The Celtic weapons in gacha are perfect examples of "efficient but not the best" examples. The weapons still lack the bonus that Blacksmithing talent would provide, which is important for people that want to increase their damage, even by just a little bit. Steel Needle and Avenger accs were one time thing and they made it clear that they won't be seen again. This is a pattern commonly found in NA players, overestimating Nexon's greed. Yes, Nexon is a greedy company, but not as greedy as you make it out to be.

Anak's Knight Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Whitebeard
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I don't think I can make steel needle/avenger/violent accs though. I'm fairly sure those are the best options in the game as far as accs go and they came from gacha. Yes, we might not see them again, but there are still many in the game which can be bought from other players but not made.

Regarding X grade weapons: someone needs to update the wiki.

For the record, I'm not saying Nexon's greed is bad or anything like that. In fact, I admire the way they've kept Mabinogi around for such a long time while evening out the field for non-paying players (free one week rebirths, free pets, free inventory bags, etc). Let's be honest though; 35 fine reforges cost $40. You need about 100 fine reforges to get an item to r1, plus a couple crednes to get all 3 lines. Then it's up to the heavens how long it'll take you to get the desired reforges onto your item. That's only 1 item out of 8+ a player looking to max out will need. Then you realize there's hundreds (thousands?) more doing the exact same thing and you start to wonder just how much money is Nexon making in order to give everything else for free. In conclusion, judging from Nexon's previous courses of action, I strongly believe will see said items in the gacha sooner the later.

One last thing I just remembered: I don't believe using subpar gear is that much different from using the best of the best. I've been ranking 20 or so on White/Black Dragon raids with my outdated r6 Ele 6 Secret Penetrating Knight Lance. No combo card, no smash reforge, no accessories, just the lance itself and some max damage enchants.
    I order you to click these adorable Pokemons!

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Nexon themselves said the dragon any dragon equips or apostle/divine equips will not be released in gachapon of any region (or weapons of the same tier), as well as the previous enchanted accs not making a comeback (this is a reference to fierce, avenger, steel needle accs). They literally said it. Maybe the news isn't heard by NA server because it was a Korean interview, but like I have kept saying before, those weapons will NOT be in gachapons. Literally 0 exception.

How Nexon has been making money is through collabs and fashion (currently FSN and Kingdom of the Wind collab in KR server). Not by special combat means usually. The recent exception would be the Samhain gachapon that finally released Chorus enchants.

About your subpar gear comment. It does make a big difference. Ranking in WD and BD raids isn't a good way to measure because most people will be trying to DPS rather than get points because points don't really matter much in the raids. And getting rank 20 in a group of ~30 people max probably isn't a good sign either, if points mean anything to you. Here's the thing: you haven't had the access to best of the best gears (and stats for now), which also means you don't know how much you can do with it. Can't make a comparison without experiencing both.

Mabination User spirit2roam the explorer of Connous spirit2roam the explorer of Connous
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Accelerated
    Total Level
    9XXX
    Race
    Human
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    One thing I've wanted to ask about is the difference between an Ego Fire Wand and a R7 max roll tribolt. Is the difference in power between the two huge, or is it like the bhafel / CRX comparison where each one has their own benefits?
    _

Mabination User bob has defeated the golden spiderling
    Mabinogi
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    adding onto previous question, what about R/S upgrade comparison?
    I miss my arrows so often, I can be a storm trooper...

Also, i'd like to thank League of Legends for teaching me how to be toxic.

Mabination User callback the ogre slayer callback's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    7XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Speaking of milking "every bonus," how valuable is a permanent gold 5x magnum (55% at max I think) combo card for archers? I know it's only additive based on the base damage before other multipliers, but it's something?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2roam View Post
    One thing I've wanted to ask about is the difference between an Ego Fire Wand and a R7 max roll tribolt. Is the difference in power between the two huge, or is it like the bhafel / CRX comparison where each one has their own benefits?
    R6 is basically tied. R7 once that's released will beat a 50 ego.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Is it a staff? S. Is it anything else at all? R.

Speaking of R everything, when are they switching shuriken to the full 2h red bonus like KR has? Right now they are only barely ahead as R.
    Last edited by callback; 07-29-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Mabination User bob has defeated the golden spiderling
    Mabinogi
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by callback View Post
    Speaking of milking "every bonus," how valuable is a permanent gold 5x magnum (55% at max I think) combo card for archers? I know it's only additive based on the base damage before other multipliers, but it's something?

Speaking of R everything, when are they switching shuriken to the full 2h red bonus like KR has? Right now they are only barely ahead as R.
    im talking about R7 vs S7 tribolt vs ego
    Last edited by bob; 07-29-2016 at 01:42 PM.
    I miss my arrows so often, I can be a storm trooper...

Also, i'd like to thank League of Legends for teaching me how to be toxic.

Mabination User spirit2roam the explorer of Connous spirit2roam the explorer of Connous
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Accelerated
    Total Level
    9XXX
    Race
    Human
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    It does? If so, by how bad and why?
    _

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2roam View Post
    The difference is small and R7 beats out by a small margin. Whether you think bothering to R7 or egoing for a guaranteed result is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    R6 needs like 300 MA to be performing better (average damage wise) than S6, and the cutoff for R7 is even lower, so R7 still basically wins.

Those gold combo cards are your most efficient option as far as combo cards go, though making them permanent is debatable.

Also ego beats out R6 by a margin, I'm not sure if I would call it "basically tied"

As for shuriken part, we don't know yet. Judging from the patches so far, we should have gotten it by now, and if we do get it later, it will most likely be a ghost patch.

+ Reply to Thread