+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phantasm Mirror World Highlights

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Phantasm Mirror World Highlights

Ran this dungeon with a group, recorded it.

1 hour and 45 minutes of footage, trimmed into 17 minutes of the most interesting bits.
    This isn't even all the deaths, just the interesting/funny ones.

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Seems like nexon is keeping with the trend that hard/challenging = give it so much HP/def that you want to fall asleep.
    Can't they do something more interesting like unique and very dangerous skills, or monsters that work as a team. Anything really.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Osayidan View Post
    Seems like nexon is keeping with the trend that hard/challenging = give it so much HP/def that you want to fall asleep.
    Can't they do something more interesting like unique and very dangerous skills, or monsters that work as a team. Anything really.
    They did with this one. Keep in mind that what he showed wasn't even the "real" phantasm dungeon, and it really needs a group of dedicated end game players to run efficiently (my group was able to clear the real one in 30 minutes).

So what's different about Phantasm then? First, we have gunner mobs with multi aggro. Now that may not sound that special, but when paired with multi aggro, and constant barrage of shooting rush, it becomes problematic, hence why sand burst is actually able to find light in this content. There are also mechanics in the dungeon that prevent you from using your easy way out (aka pets), though you can still find ways to get around it. Also, the dungeon doesn't allow you to use Nao, Guardian Stone, Adv feather, or balloons. So no, it's not just "hard/challenging = give it so much HP/def". This dungeon, from my perspective, is not "difficult" but rather more punishing. In the scenario where your party messes up and gets wiped out, you basically failed, simple as that. One critical mistake and you're done.

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Uh, Ironwoman, we had the gunners and were using sand burst and shit. The main differences are the number of mobs (not the type as far as I know) and the revival restrictions.

Also "this isn't real phantasm" is not a valid counter in any way against "so much HP you fall asleep"... because phantasm isn't the only dungeon in Mabinogi and "so much HP you fall asleep" was happening. This exists, and multiple times there were monsters who simply had so much HP that they became a chore. It happened multiple times, I even highlighted when it was going on.

Though I'm more annoyed with the devs making mobs bypass parts of the combat system instead of balancing stuff. If a skill is so OP that you block it off in a dungeon in order to make it difficult (Lullaby), that's a serious sign that balance is needed.
    Last edited by Rydian; 08-25-2016 at 11:16 PM.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I know what mirror world is like, along with the mobs (I've done Phantasm many times now). When I was talking about real Phantasm, it was to emphasize that what you were running wasn't even something that is totally ultimate and the real one was worse. My next point was that it wasn't simply adding HP and Defensive stats, but there are things like additional debuffs for the players to consider/ find a way to deal with. In my opinion, disabling lullaby was the right choice the devs made. Here's the reality: every content in the game can be run without lullaby, even Alban Heroic SS. In a game where the content developments are becoming less beginner oriented (even the revamped dungeons are less beginner friendly now), to the KR team, the lullaby serves as a skill that allows weaker users to gain breathing room in contents that they may find difficult. When a player has more than enough resources to run Phantasm (the main population the KR team decided to look at), lullaby turned out to be not THAT important. And the complaint was that mobs were too easily manipulated by the tools that the high end users have. So they decided to also restrict a couple of strats that end game users have been using: pet summons, disabled by the phantom's roar (which can also be bypassed using several methods). I also appreciate the idea of putting gunners in the mobs, because it gave what mobs didn't have before (at least not a lot): crowd control.

As for the mirror world, you get a LOT of breathing room here. Why? Naos. Balloons. May not sound like much, but I'd say this distinction is the biggest between the mirror and the real one.

I know not everyone is happy about the update, but overall I'm pretty satisfied with the dungeon update, gotta give some credit to the KR team.

Resident Furvert™
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Ah.

But disabling Lullaby is like shooting a sick kid instead of proper treatment. It's an admission by the devs that it's overpowered and renders difficulty void.

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I don't think that "proper treatment" is possible any more, at least not for the time being. I may have said this before, but broken player skills are only the effect of balance issues and fixing things for good would require starting from monster aggro patterns and overuse of passive defences. I can't say much about Phantasm, as I've never been there, but at least it's not a turn for the worse.

The Milletiant Summoner
    Chiyuri the skillful Chiyuri the skillful Chiyuri the skillful Chiyuri the skillful Chiyuri the skillful Chiyuri the skillful Chiyuri's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Too many <.<
    Total Level
    6000~
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    kinda sad that not a single video on youtube seem to show the video that play when you enter boss room. Everyone just skip it.

+ Reply to Thread