+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Special Equipment Box is kind of messed up.

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

The Special Equipment Box is kind of messed up.

So a lot of people complain that gachas devalue crafting by generating high-quality items with no in-game effort. Normally the counter-argument is "players can craft these weapons if they want, gachas are just a fast way to them".

Then we started getting X-grade items, and it's like, we can't craft those that high... in NA, right? With the general counter being "there's no damage bonus past S so it doesn't matter".

Well, now in this box we have Golden Guns being generated with crafting rolls. This means they have much higher stats than previously-generated ones, by far. Normal/old ones are 33-88 damage with 25 dura, whereas I saw multiple stat variations up to 43-108 damage with 46 dura. Meaning we get items with stats that we couldn't get before.

Now, many of the discrepancies seen in this gacha's items can be explained by the items being set to generate without any additional arguments in the scripts (the telltale sign being the new Golden Guns having palette colors instead of flashies).

"But we can't craft those types of weapons anyways", blah blah blah.

Well, I saw something in a shop today for 25K.

That's higher stats than the crafting rolls, and all stats are buffed, not just one or two.
    Attack: 6-60 -> 8-62
    Critical: 12% -> 17%
    Balance: 13% -> 23%
    Durability: 32 -> 37

So that's 2 min, 2 max, 5 crit, 10 balance, and 5 dura higher than the max crafting roll.

Hm, those numbers seem familiar, right?

... that's the X-grade BLACKSMITHING BONUSES.

ghfjksdhlsfjkhs

(Also turns out the Golden Guns with the really high stats have the X-grade bonuses too.)

Clarification: So yeah, somebody dun' goofed and the gacha's putting out stuff higher than we could get in pretty much any cases, so hunt these while you can. I haven't seen any Dowra versions likes the Taunes screenshotted, people might be hoarding them, but theoretically they can get popped out too.
    Last edited by Rydian; 08-28-2016 at 04:16 AM.

Mabination User thunderbro the succubus slayer thunderbro's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Thunderbro
    Total Level
    14XXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Lance Combat
    Guild
    Conglomerate
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I've noticed that this gacha has had weapons in with the same color palette as the one in the screenshot, every single weapon with that palette has the higher x-grade stats, even compared to the same types of weapons in the gacha with regular randomized palettes.

Of course the black stars and Golden Guns don't seem to have that palette, but all of those seem to have x-grade stats like you said.

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Typical DevCat.
    "Hey, this one feature is a bit outdated and impractical. How do we fix it?"
    "Let's forget about it and make something new, preferably in a gachapon."

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Yeah, generally speaking, I was fine with most of the gachas anyway, because more often than not, players could create weapons that are superior to gacha weapons.

This gacha though, definitely crossed the line (not to mention the Fierce accs). I honestly don't get what NA team was thinking, especially considering that now there's literally 0 reason to get the Celtic Dowras (except for bragging rights, but you're probably gonna be marked off as a dumbass who's using a gun that's worse than gacha Dowras for lot of effort). Seems counter intuitive to the new dungeon patch to say the least. At least the Celtic weapons still weren't the highest grade.

Mabination User Infighter has just left the soul stream Infighter's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Infighter
    Total Level
    20xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Vates
    Guild
    Blazed
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
    Yeah, generally speaking, I was fine with most of the gachas anyway, because more often than not, players could create weapons that are superior to gacha weapons.

This gacha though, definitely crossed the line (not to mention the Fierce accs). I honestly don't get what NA team was thinking, especially considering that now there's literally 0 reason to get the Celtic Dowras (except for bragging rights, but you're probably gonna be marked off as a dumbass who's using a gun that's worse than gacha Dowras for lot of effort). Seems counter intuitive to the new dungeon patch to say the least. At least the Celtic weapons still weren't the highest grade.
    Its funny how they released weapons like Dowra SE and Taunes MK to gachas with the highest grade possible at the same time as Celtic Dowra Ace which are 10x harder to get not to mention the higher chances to get the worst (t)roll stats thanks to RNGsus. So I wasn't even interested about this gachapon since I do not have NX to make it rain. But then a guildie showed me these 12min-24max Dowra SE...

I obviously took the Dowras SE, since Celtic is 12min and 28+ max attack perfect base rolls vs. 12min - 24 max att Dowra SE? Its a joke honestly. Now I rather wait for a Celtic Dowra Ace to come freshly baked from a gachapon with a 18min~30max X-roll since we know this gach pattern will continue.

inb4 64th floor accs, soluna sword, destruction robe from gach
    Last edited by Infighter; 08-28-2016 at 08:41 AM.
     Signature

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    SE's too, and yup, seems like the palette matches.

(Somebody else's shot.)

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I'm conflicted. I could take part in this transgression and feel bad for doing so, or keep painstakingly ranking my Engineering and fight a greatly uneven battle against RNG to get a gun with best rolls.

French Fries Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    tropacat
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Why put effort into anything when I can just buy what you want?

That's really been the "thing" for a long time with this game.

Just waiting for the new weapons come out in some special gachapon, gonna give it a few motnhs.
    Last edited by Tropa; 08-29-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Mabination User
    Xeno the strong Xeno the strong Xeno the strong Xeno the strong Xeno the strong Xeno's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Calisto
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Pariah
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropa View Post
    Why put effort into anything when I can just buy what you want?

That's really been the "thing" for a long time with this game.

Just waiting for the new weapons come out in some special gachapon, gonna give it a few motnhs.

The amount of salt is real. Mabinogi has been p2w since it came out and you had to pay money to buy rebirths. It literally launched as a p2w game straight up if you couldn't afford those. If you hate the game so much, honestly why even bother being a part of the community any longer, just to shit on every post/thread calling it p2w when it has always been this way? Has it gotten worse? Yes. Is this a shocking or unexpected thing? No, not at all. Mabinogi is pay 2 win. The best items often come out in Gachapon. This is not news, this has been the case since the game came out.

I don't even know how we are having this discussion after fierce ribbons came out in gachapon years back, an item that is far better than any obtainable in-game and not even craftable at all, and now we're QQing about like 4 extra damage on some guns when people have capped stats an 1300+ max damage. And reforges, another item you CAN ONLY buy that is REQUIRED to have even close to relevant gear.

This community, lol. You either enjoy the game and have fun playing it, or you are miserable and shit on the community and every post for everyone else who still enjoys it because it is p2w, when it always has been that way. I don't understand it personally. This game isn't a competition. No one is competing for world first kills or taking part in tournaments. There isn't even GvG anymore. You play because you enjoy it. That's it. No reason to shit on everyone else's parade because it doesn't meet your p2w standard.
    Last edited by Xeno; 08-29-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    It's not even about pay to win. Most of cash shop items can be bought with in-game gold, including both reforges and these new gacha weapons (and both have pretty reasonable prices no less), so some would argue if it's p2w at all.

It's about the developers/publisher not knowing what in the world are they doing - almost never fixing or balancing out what needs their attention, only spitting out new content that keeps invalidating old one, not even bothering to write story which doesn't contradict itself as of lately. There are strong points though. Dungeon revamp is really nice and actual auction house will be a much needed addition.

What I really hate about mabi - it takes a step forward only to follow up with another one back. There is so much potential, so much to polish up, and when you think the game is finally on its way to permanent improvement they do something stupid again.
    Last edited by Konrad; 08-29-2016 at 06:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread