Character
    Archuilim
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Zeo To add to your first point we also should have some in-game loot table or database for items or just in-game info. (wiki is horrible outdated on a lot of things)

Anyway what killed mabi was gachs handing out high grade gear and lack of meaningful group content.

much pumpkin Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Taycat
    Total Level
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Witch's Brewery
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Taycat
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Witch's Brewery
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    what killed mabi: the community

too many instances to go over, but the community is toxic as heck

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Not just toxic, but NA community from what I see tend to play with low security, which results in lots of peoplearning getting scammed, catfished, etc (most of which are preventable)

Mabination User OniZero the bear slayer at age 10 OniZero's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by sans View Post
    Can I just say the plot is insinuatingly bad? I mean don't get me wrong, it was good up until Saga, but even then they kept throwing in a lot of characters that would eventually be long and forgotten like G9~12 cast, not to mention the Milletian is just fucking dumb. And then Genesis got rid of a lot of cutscenes in G2 that were integral to the plot, notably Ruairi waking up and meeting Triona/Morgant and it just skips to Ruairi leaving Triona's side.

And then we have Saga. A lot of NPCs are just assholes in general, and majority of the "plot" (senseless errands) could have been entirely avoided if they weren't dicking around, Akule, Millia, and Merlin being the biggest offenders. I feel that the whole point of Saga is just to defame the Milletian.
    Oh yeah, some of the Saga 2 quests were really annoying. Aside from the massive difficulty spikes, that one final RP with Treasure Hunter had ridiculous fail measures on top of massive FPS cuts.

Oh yeah, Samhain was a pain. One character had a good role in part 1 and was then reduced to the "all mighty teleporter", a good portion of part 2 wasn't relevant to the plot, and of course the fucking Ruairi forced loss.

I haven't played since Alban Training Camp and past that, but I heard G20 doesn't add anything significant to the Chapter 6 plot.

Now I just feel disgusting talking about this.
    Saga 1 felt as an "What If..." scenaro where Tarlach and Ruairi take the mantle of Lug to basically do what they wanted to prevent on the first place (iirc they forget that Lia Fail can summon Macha and Ruairi ends up destroying Lia Fail again.)

Plot wise G20 turns the effort you made on G19 pointless, at the end all you did on G19 gets solved by the power of a last second asspull and the plot gets officially suspended for if Nexon wants to use again later, if not then consider that nothing happened on G19 and G20 except that you get new stuff or that G19 and G20 are just a justification plot for the new features/skills implemeted.

Edit: To put it simple is as if G19-20 was Rush of love chain quest turned into the plot for a generation

If anyone wants to talk about grindyness then don't assume mabi is the worst game at that, the mantle is taken by a game called SMT:Imagine where you can spend from 6 months to a year trying to rank a skill (like you do on mabi) once without expertise multiplier at the last ranks even when grinding constantly and daily, this is why i abandoned that game and i came here, this game is way more easy to rank up skills. (My argument is pointless though, the jp main server MegaTen: Imagine died).

Certainly small stuff like not being able to re-use licenses until you reach the cap seems like small stuff but if you collect enough of that small stuff you will get a reason big enough to not want to play.
    Last edited by OniZero; 10-02-2016 at 01:40 PM.

The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    18xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Historia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    1. Lack of meaningful content. Events couldn't hold people over forever especially when they make other content obsolete.
    2. Cash shop reliance. It's an easy way to scare away new customers. Whales don't stick around forever - especially due to #1.
    3. Death by age. Had they updated the core systems in this game its age would have been extended by a few years at least.
    4. Unbalanced game mechanics. The combat update invalidated a lot of gameplay options and forced a lot of players out.
    5. Ineffective/non-existent advertising campaign. I occasionally saw ads in seoul but tokyo is devoid of Mabinogi marketing.

Mabination User sakraycore the ogre slayer sakraycore's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    FatedHour
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Silent Raiders
    Gold
    Tree of Savior is also flunking hard lol, went from like 50k+ players in the first couple of weeks to the now like 5k (?) lol.

Now I'm playing neither, and playing this mobile game lol on the iOS store. Go figure. Never thought I'd be playing mobile games over PC MMORPGs 10 years ago because MMORPG was/is my favorite genre. Tons of people play this particular mobile game though, which is more than I can say for niche games like Mabinogi and Tree of Savior -.-"
    Guide to optimizing your performance in Vindictus: http://mabination.com/threads/16875-...e-in-Vindictus
    2:53 Hidden hard solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kmQkCFeL2o

Rich Powerful and Crazy Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated is a master of the Mabinogion Splatulated's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Splatulated
    Total Level
    10xx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Troopguild
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by sakraycore View Post
    1) lack of east coast server, despite that this is the game that is most sensitive to lag
    2) overpowered new skills that made old skills redundant
    3) new content making older content redundant

also most importantly, because of this certain new MMO that I shall not name lol
    what new mmo ?
     #F7FDF5

Queen of Roses pinkkea the bear slayer with a single blow pinkkea's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Kilenia
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Kilenia
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Aw, I miss this game.

Still haven't found anything like it.
    I like bunnies.

Mabination User csraln was almost killed by a brown fox csraln's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    cesarxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Martial Arts
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Dominatrix
    Type
    Fiona
    Level
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    mabi support never give me my account info for log in because scammers

Mabination User Twin has disabled reputation Twin's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Character
    Twin
    Total Level
    x
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    x
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    NoCharacter
    Level
    x
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkkea View Post
    Aw, I miss this game.

Still haven't found anything like it.
    I cant say the sam. There are better e picks out there :3

There is nothing you could sell me, for what I already have deep inside.

+ Reply to Thread