Server
    NA - Alexina
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Potential (update) A.K.A.: The level grinding got real

First!: All the credit goes to the dude that translated it, here's his tumblr with everything (at least) translated (regardless the quality)

http://mastergiegue.tumblr.com/post/...ogi-kr?nxid=10

Hey guys, a guy that i know that likes to keep himself up to date found a tumblr page of a dude that translated (not so great... but at least is something) some stuff about a new update and a set of armor that will be given after the player acumulates 3k potential and you obtain 1 potential every 10 levels (dunno if you necessarily must be) past the first 1000k

Potential system

Palala's aura (Aura of Palala)

Fragment of Palala and enchants

Hammerspace and 30-31k armor

Here the page if people want to actually give a shot at translating it better.
    http://mabinogi.nexon.com/event/2016.../potential.asp

Anak's Knight Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Whitebeard
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    30,000 levels to get the armor? Holy mother of cheesus!

Update sounds pretty neat though. It'll push people to actually run more stuff than just dailies to reach lv100.

That new skill sounds very interesting. With this, we'll have the power of nature/darkness, demigod powers of neamhain?, Cichol, and Morrigan, the weapon of the gods (caliburn), the power of Aton Cimeni, and now the power of Erinn's sun.

OP? OP.
    I order you to click these adorable Pokemons!

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    These armours look so recycled. I mean, more than everything else released in past few years.

Θ ε Θ Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    From what I mean... the current total levels you have won't be applied to the potential levels, so whenever you're newbie or 15k total level veteran... both have to work hard equally to get what they want. I don't think it's really fair to the veteran players but oh well, at least it's a permanent content.
    Uhh... here's my Mabination pets? :v

It's Showtime.

<span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span> has disabled reputation <span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    From what I mean... the current total levels you have won't be applied to the potential levels, so whenever you're newbie or 15k total level veteran... both have to work hard equally to get what they want. I don't think it's really fair to the veteran players but oh well, at least it's a permanent content.
    Considering the massive amount of levels required, if accurate, this is a real bummer to older players. Getting 30,000 levels is practically a lifetime goal in this game. Unless the armor grants you GM powers, it doesn't seem like it'll be content well used or striven for. It looks like something we already have and not even a unique pose? Meh. Perhaps other aspects of the potential system have value though. Perhaps the system has potential.
    Last edited by M; 09-29-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Benefits apart, I'd say it's a good thing that everyone needs to grind up from zero. That encourages old players to actually play again instead of: log in > grab the armour > afk in it for a day > log out until next update.

Mabination User bob has defeated the golden spiderling
    Mabinogi
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    Benefits apart, I'd say it's a good thing that everyone needs to grind up from zero. That encourages old players to actually play again instead of: log in > grab the armour > afk in it for a day > log out until next update.
    you're saying that like veterans will log in to grind 4 for a hobo's langu or asuna outfit for females (there are only 2 genders kappa) kek.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bob; 09-30-2016 at 12:28 PM.
    I miss my arrows so often, I can be a storm trooper...

Also, i'd like to thank League of Legends for teaching me how to be toxic.

Mabination User Valentino the succubus slayer
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I was in the process of making better translation with better photoshop than the one posted with more details I've got from various KR sources, but I haven't been able to get needed data for the new buff skill to complete it. (I have info on rewards, storage expansion and stat point system.) So let me just clear up some confusion here for now.

You do not need to gain 30K level for the armor since you get bonus points for leveling higher. You need to level total of 3K if you level up to 200 each cycle, meaning you will need to rebirth minimum 15 times. The lower you level each cycle, higher rebirth count will be required.

Additionally, it gives you total of 18 rebirth potions (with 7 day expiration) as part of the reward which means you only need to level up to 180 if you want to cap it as quick as possible without needing extra rebirth potions.

It actually gives veteran players quite a bit of advantage since they can level higher each cycle by running higher end content with more exp. Just running couple solo rounds of AAHM gets you to 180 easily.

Seeing as everything related to this system only relates to Palala, I wouldn't be surprised something similar will be implemented with Ladeca theme in the near future.

Anak's Knight Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian the adult Fabian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Whitebeard
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Valentino, por favor finish that translation. I can guarantee that I'll read it fully and even comment! Please. D:

17 RB potions? Mother of cheesus! Nexon is finally wising up about the massive ap requirements Mabinogi requires. Hopefully, they'll also cut down on the skill grinding.

Any info on this armor? Will it make you into Jesus or something?

Lastly, I'm not sure about Ladeca getting the same treatment. The prophets in g20 seem to imply Ladera is the source of unholy divine power. This could mean, it'd be the same as paladin/dark knight though.

3K sounds a lot more reasonable.
    I order you to click these adorable Pokemons!

Mabination User Kiru has just left the soul stream Kiru's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Kiruah
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    uhhhhh, that to get the armour seems a bit.. wtf will anyone even be getting them anytime soon? XD

Kiru the Artist Wolf!

+ Reply to Thread