Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by MoyuTheMedic View Post
    As well as fullswing spam apparently will pail in comparison to the charge spam from what I understand.
    how would full swing be overshadowed by charge, when full swing has much more aoe, higher damage modifier, and equally 0 CD

Mabination User MoyuTheMedic has just left the soul stream MoyuTheMedic's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Specialgirl
    Total Level
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Holy Arts
    Guild
    Celtic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Specialgirl
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    how would full swing be overshadowed by charge, when full swing has much more aoe, higher damage modifier, and equally 0 CD
    Charge enhancement makes charge stronger while full swing has no equivalent. Both skills are aoes, but charge can be fired off more rapidly with no timing mini game with any weapon (this is the bit that will make it overshadowed). With charge minimum distance reduction you can slam into things right in front of you (from what I have been told), while you have to eat hits to get off full swing. I will admit tho the fun factor of full swing will keep it somewhat relevant to people like me who just want to do giant things, but if shit hits the fan I am charge spamming or bashing not full swinging.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Mabination User Arbiter has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by MoyuTheMedic View Post
    Charge enhancement makes charge stronger while full swing has no equivalent. Both skills are aoes, but charge can be fired off more rapidly with no timing mini game with any weapon (this is the bit that will make it overshadowed). With charge minimum distance reduction you can slam into things right in front of you (from what I have been told), while you have to eat hits to get off full swing. I will admit tho the fun factor of full swing will keep it somewhat relevant to people like me who just want to do giant things, but if shit hits the fan I am charge spamming or bashing not full swinging.
    I'm curious, have you seen the videos of gfs actually being used in combat?

You aren't waiting the 4 full cycles before using it, it takes maybe 1s for the gauge to fill on the first swing and from what I've seen, the modifier for a max gauge is probably around 700%.

Charge is 240% for giants and I think the set adds an additional 10%.

It may not have set bonuses, but you can reforge it for damage and additional AoE on weapons and on accessories, with a naturally higher max damage %.

Here's one for reference:

I don't believe charge would be capable of the same thing.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 05-24-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Mabination User Kysirai has just left the soul stream Kysirai's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kysirai
    Total Level
    9xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Gunslinger
    Guild
    Dragonswrath
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    My question is: How will giant's ability to defend against damage improve? I already know that a giant using a vales shield with wind guard can take minimal damage but in a perfect scenario does wind guard only act as a longer duration shield of trust? or does having the ability to use defense on top of wind guard with the Northern Flawless Shield give giants the ability to tank hits even better than before?

Currently R1 defense for giants gives "Defense +15; When skill is active, Defense +60 and Prot. +40%, Party Defense +10" (not sure what party defense is tbh) and R1 wind guard gives "When skill is active, defense +15 and protection +50%". So does that mean stacking defense with wind guard can provide a 90% protection increase and basically turn a giant into a mini girgashiy in regard to the damage they take?

The Grandma Fighter Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kysirai View Post
    Currently R1 defense for giants gives "Defense +15; When skill is active, Defense +60 and Prot. +40%, Party Defense +10" (not sure what party defense is tbh) and R1 wind guard gives "When skill is active, defense +15 and protection +50%".
    If someone with high rank defense uses defense very close to you, your defense stat goes up.

Mabination User Kysirai has just left the soul stream Kysirai's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kysirai
    Total Level
    9xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Gunslinger
    Guild
    Dragonswrath
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapra View Post
    If someone with high rank defense uses defense very close to you, your defense stat goes up.
    Ah so like the party healing def buff then?

The Grandma Fighter Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Yeah pretty much but within a much short range, I believe.

+ Reply to Thread