Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Returning: Update me on everything

Returning to the game after a nice hiatus. What should I know? What is new, what are new goals to work towards?

Last I played was a while after G20. Got my squires up pretty nicely, never bothered with Divine Link much.

I noticed the renown system offers cdmg from Yvonna, so that seems like a good thing to cap daily. What's the best way to cap her each day?

Festia: First, what? Second, I notice it has some AP potions and a ton of titles locked behind it. Are any of the titles worth it? If I went to ch7, would there be people actually in there doing the multiplayer games?

Rabbie phantasm: Tried mirror world thinking it was the easy version. Ow? Mainly the gunners. OW. Heroic Alban doesn't have those levels of BS mobs.

What can you tell me about the overall dungeon revamp and new celtic weapons? Any worthwhile? Is it worth discarding my r6 Hagi for a celtic shuriken?

Did they ever release the mobile app for squires?

Are divine toothpick and tribolt still their respective top tier weapon?

They really never gave us the KR ninja update?

Other weird things I should know about? I think I heard something about production quality potions?
    Last edited by callback; 03-20-2017 at 01:13 PM.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Answering your question point by point, I'll try to keep it brief.

For Yvona, the fastest (and the most expensive) way would be to use the 50 seals that are used to help raise her renown. Otherwise, just hosting/participating Blessing of Cairbre works. Sadly, there isn't a "fast" way to get to the highest renown without paying, just like the other grindy aspects of this game.

Festia: remember those anniversary events where we had those mini-games? Now it's a permanent content. I haven't bothered to unlock the achievements, but from the information I can gather, you can get things like Festia Merchant Outfit (for accomplishment), the set, accomplishments with references (for example, "Rampaging Milletian" and "Unstoppable Milletian" are references to League of Legends kill streaks), etc. Refer to this link for more info. If you want to play multiplayer mini games, stay in the most populated channel, for obvious reasons. Good idea to call your friends too.

Mirror IS the easy version. I don't know if you tried to solo it, but it's not something that you can go in and just solo ezpz right away. Basically you need MS, Fire elemental gears, and some reforges. If you're going for time, you can alternate WOTG and FH and Judgement Blade to clear real fast. Otherwise Firebolt spamming does the trick too. Now if you want to get the Phantasm Breaker (soloing the real thing) title, that's a different story.

Overall dungeon revamp is very rewarding compared to before imo. Even if you're not gonna get a good reward, you can use the dungeon to level up yourself and/or your pet since the revamped AAHM or RAHM give so much exp now. But only thing truly worth to get from the new celtic weapons would be the shurikens, as it offers significant max damage boost compared to the other shurikens. In fact, you should ditch your Hagi right now and go for Anju if you're not going for the celtic shurikens. Others are not worth it because none of the celtic weapons that are out are used for main damaging skills. Celtic knuckle = LUL, Celtic Control Bars: kinda pointless when all you do with puppet is crisis, Celtic Cylinder: if you're only going to use Raincasting or Hydra, why not just get Hurricane ego or Tower ego?

No mobile app for squires, and don't think there will be one.

Yes to both.

We did not get the KR ninja update, but nothing really terrible.

There are production success rate potions, not sure about quality. But some things do have low success rate (like the step 7 stones), prompting users to make the mc/engineering boost potions. Not sure about it being weird, but recent update includes race specific passive and active skills. Humans get the short end of this stick, while Elves get the best of this. Humans get 50 flat movement speed from the active skill, while Giants get 10% increased damage with close combat weapons (15% after the future revamp), and Elves get 400%(!!) aiming speed (basically free final shot), and this skill lasts depending on how high your total is. Many people in NA don't realize it, but in KR the Elves and Giants are ripping it apart right now. Since we're not at the time where Giants revamp is here, we're at the stage where Elves should be ripping contents apart, and if you do manage to gear up and raise one right, you can do so. Basically, it's Elf meta right now.

Mabination User callback the ogre slayer callback's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    7XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Thanks for answering.

I saw blessing of Cairbre as an option on her renown list, but I have no idea how to trigger it. I only have the regular version of the minigame action.

Those would be DotA references, and according to that link are just the achievement names and not the title rewards. I'm going to guess by lack of enthusiasm (or mention of any kind by anyone anywhere) that the titles are mainly cosmetic with no interesting stats. I'll go for the 2 AP potions, at least.

One thing about dungeon revamp is the entrance fee. Am I wrong in thinking that AAHM now charges 150k per run? Do pre-made passes still drop inside? 250k for RAHM? Am I just going to be relying on my partner's daily boxes for possible runs? Do the monkey pass boxes still work?

Wait... was divine tribolt ever best at anything? Outside of allowing you to use your snapcast procs without switching, it seems like it's just a ~15 matk weaker celtic. Is snap fireball access worth that loss when it's mainly a bolt spam wand?

Tower ego for hydra... I did hear that before... you cheat the system by spawning it with any other cylinder + guard, then switching to ego?

Celtic dowras, not enough improvement over regular ones? Or are Dowras in general out of style since people switch off guns outside of WotG rather than normal attacking?

Do people take the risk of step 7? Since you can't use protection stones, it seems most people who already have valuable weapons at step 6 would be cautious about it.

Oh, and is gloomy sunday still best? I'm guessing milky way are just cosmetic, and "tuned" instruments work like having the accessory on?

For phantasm, supposing I get into a situation where I can do it (or at least the mirror world), how rare are rich chaotic runes as rewards? Does anyone know how the piercing robe even works? I'm not touching the idea of even witnessing someone with a (legit) soluna ever, but the robe drops a lot of components from other AHM dungeons and seems like it may be more of a tangible thing to progress towards, depending on droprates.

Speaking of drops, is there a chart anywhere of which new celtic materials come from what dungeons, or a guide to new revamped drop locations for the more desirable enchants?
    Last edited by callback; 03-21-2017 at 12:42 PM.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    You can use the freestyle jam in towns and have other people participate and get cairbre's bugle. Using it will give you Cairbre's blessing.

I know it's originally from Dota, but in KR, league is a MUCH bigger game than league is in NA compared to Dota, and ultimately that is what they're referencing. We don't know what effects titles have yet, or if they're even worth it.

You have to have mangled Alby or Rundal passes, which you can get from regular harder Uladh dungeons (Fiodh adv, barri adv, etc), or buy from other players. Sadly you won't be able to buy unrestricted dungeon passes regularly. Also, partner's daily passes don't work, but you can get the hardmode passes from dungeon boxes from monkeys. The advanced passes from the monkey boxes won't work, though the box can still drop a pass that specifically says "hardmode" on it.

I meant celtic tribolt, divine tribolt is only for the utility, and the utility it provides isn't that meaningful.

Yes.

Celtic dowras are not big of an improvement and no reason to get when we had those higher than x grade dowras diarrhea'd from gachas before. Dowra vs Taunes is still a debate, but ultimately doesn't really matter.

Yes, people take the risk of step 7, including myself. Though, for very valuable weapons, I'll be waiting until the protection stones for step 7 are out in NA (they were already out in KR)

Yes, gloomy is the best, and will most likely stay that way.

All the mats are fairly rare in general. How piercing robe works is not widely known, and its mats also drop at very low rate. Much more feasible than Soluna blade but that doesn't mean much.

As for the chart, here it is.

Just drops of enchants for now. You can assume almost everything you need comes from AAHM or RAHM.

Also don't ask reddit for advices because they're a group of (almost entirely) dumb players.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    7XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Thanks.

Not sure how much of a choice I have tho, considering Mabination is looking so empty.

Damn RAHM looks good on enchants. No wonder it's 250k entrance fee.

Speaking of those, any idea if production quality from steady and daunting (immense doesn't exist still, right?) applies to RNG crafts (crp, engi, mcraft), or just tailor/smith?

And again between the topic of smith and dungeons, any idea what happened to the patron set? Since we no longer have rundal basic HM, I assume the whole set was reorganized, maybe all stuffed in RAHM together? (I assume since it's a special pass Siren HM is still a thing tho?)

Can you answer the question about my weird memory? Some hotkey to expand the shaded chat window?

Also should I be focusing on divine link at all? It just sucks that it shares point allocation with the other crusader skills, and I never got many levels in that to begin with. And I won't be getting many now since where would I even find runs anymore to clear weeklys? Currently I have my points maxing healing hands and recovering touch since it makes a nice cheap heal to get me through stuff, and was originally planning to try buffing blade's range and cdmg to make it more of a viable skill for normal use once I have the points for it. Would link serve me better than that? Should I push forwards with whatever portion of dailys/weeklys is possible solo?
    Last edited by callback; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:50 PM.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Sadly, immense still doesn't exist, and yes, through players testing in KR, it's been suggested that steady and daunting along with other modifiers seems to lower the chance of "low" rolls.

And you're right about the Patron set, it's smooshed up in RAHM, and the same story for Hebona set.

I've never used such function, so I wouldn't know the hotkey you're talking about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And for your last question, yes, you definitely should. If you're not finding yourself leveling fast, chance is because you don't have divine link ranked much. In general it's better to just put points in blade and link now, since surviving is much easier and less of a concern now. With divine link's enlightened vision r1, one run of AAHM can get you from level 1 to around 120 easily. There's also been a level exp curve renewal, so you really don't have much excuse to not level (especially to 200, because the chocolate event literally gives you 5 free levels).

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    7XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    AAHM gives that much now? I haven't been in the revamped dungeons yet. Ran some SMs with the usual crystals and didn't notice anything too special about the exp curve, maybe its only adjusted at higher levels.

Chocolate gives more like 4 levels, since it's 500% of the current level's exp. Still, it's been kind in helping me get a better roll on my totem, but I need to still go higher. 28 can't hide forever.

Anniversary event seems to suck. Oh well.

I need to find a group that can do phantasm successfully. The basic clear title already knocks shock master out from being best for physical damage. I assume mirror doesn't count for that?

Really wishing I had better ways to farm crusader exp. I can't even do all-clears on the weekly anymore because of the players required for one of them (and the change from age 10 to get a ring drop), and I don't think I even have people I know ranked right to do a small squad easy clear for the no damage dealt one.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Well, maybe you'll notice it once you actually get from 1-100 and see your level go faster.

More like 4.5-4.8, which is still good enough. Regardless, it's basically free levels, and you can't say much about not being able to level up.

Mirror doesn't count for black rose master, and you'll have plenty of people to run with. Actually nevermind, you're in Tarlach.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    7XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
    You're in Tarlach.
    yeah...

Oh, I just read on the Reddit so I'd like you to confirm, does Nele renown really increase the crit cap past 30?

If so, that just makes red breakpoints even MORE insane.

Does that increase put even STAVES over the limit? Or still blue there?

Oh, and "pure music mode." Is that a new party setting in a jam party? Some of the renown stuff mentioned it.
    Last edited by callback; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:17 PM.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Yeah, Nele renown will put you over the cap past 30, and this goes for all skills, including magic. Because of this and several other factors, there have been people switching from Blue to Red for Staves. One of the other factors is Yvona renown. Another is Eerie Spooky accessories combo.

As for pure music mode, it basically mutes everything and just turns on music. It's nice if I wanna just turn on youtube playlist and play the game.

+ Reply to Thread