Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    eerie spooky?

Also wouldn't Yvonna shift the balance back towards blue? It's additive, right? Makes your basic crits 260% instead of 250 before adding other bonuses?

Also I need to re-math that because Nele might actually be a wash. Too tired now but I'll calculate it out.
    Last edited by callback; 03-26-2017 at 07:01 AM.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    It's new MA enchants for accs, though getting Creepy Haunted would be better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by callback View Post
    Also wouldn't Yvonna shift the balance back towards blue? It's additive, right? Makes your basic crits 260% instead of 250 before adding other bonuses?
    Do you honestly think blue will still have a chance? Especially with R upgrades?

Mabination User callback the ogre slayer callback's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    7XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    For staff maybe? But yeah, using 2h melee as an example and only step 6, max renown for both puts the breakpoint 44 points LOWER than before, and brings the judgement blade breakpoint down all the way to 447.

So staff is a big...maybe? Wiki has no info on those enchants, and they sound like an event.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Come on... surely you're way over that max damage by now, my alts have higher damage than that. I don't know what rationale you're using, but you probably do realize you're at a point where blue is simply bad. If you aren't, then you should highly reconsider what things you've done with your character.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    7XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
    Come on... surely you're way over that max damage by now, my alts have higher damage than that. I don't know what rationale you're using, but you probably do realize you're at a point where blue is simply bad. If you aren't, then you should highly reconsider what things you've done with your character.
    For everything but staff of course, have been for a long time. I just wanted to confirm the math and see how renown changes the formula (Nele affects it far more than Yvonna)

For staff I'm still unsure. Lightning rod and fireball are the main sources of staff damage, and their matk scaling is pretty big. 100 MATK vs 74 cdmg if I land a 7 upgrade on a druid staff, even with a few other sources I'm missing like laghu circlet and whatever those event accessories you mentioned are (searched the market came up dry), I'm not sure R would be necessarily better. I'm just going to stick to red tribolt and blue druid, i think.

So there's a bug I'm now noticing. The "Alexina's L-Rod" quest keeps reappearing. It won't go away no matter how many times I do it, which is annoying since I need to talk to her and clear it every time I want to pick up a sketch quest.
    Last edited by callback; 03-27-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    For now, sticking blue with Staves is fine, but know that with Nele's renown and getting higher total levels (aka more stats from Shine of Eweca) nets you more MA available, so if you do plan to go far, consider getting a red upgraded staff at some point.

As for the L-Rod thing, it's an infamous bug that happens to everyone. What I would do to level exploration now is kill White Dragon and Black Dragon. Just get the finish.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    7XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
    For now, sticking blue with Staves is fine, but know that with Nele's renown and getting higher total levels (aka more stats from Shine of Eweca) nets you more MA available, so if you do plan to go far, consider getting a red upgraded staff at some point.

As for the L-Rod thing, it's an infamous bug that happens to everyone. What I would do to level exploration now is kill White Dragon and Black Dragon. Just get the finish.
    It'll be a while before I hit the ttl... what is it, 28k to get +250 int at lv190? No, it's higher. I don't think 40k even caps it, actually. I'm sure I'll have gotten enough mage gems and managed another perfect matk roll to R7 by the time I hit whatever the practical cap is.

Also I can't find a renown EXP chart to see how many days of cap lv50 actually takes. It's probbaly a lot, especially since I need to find a partner every day for Nele's (tho his takes 5 minutes compared to ~17-25 for Yvona).

And screw Briana's. Fastest gain needs lots of people and I can't coordinate that. It's probably additive like the robe anyway meaning shadow crystals render it moot (and also dungeons being best exp now, SM mainly for gold)

Oh, and what you said about AAHM 1-120 seems like a stretch. Were you basing that on 2x combat potions and/or a 2x event? I finally got around to running it and it brought me from 100-120, not nearly enough for the mythical 1-120 you mentioned. And it was linked, even if enlightened is at rank 10 or so for now. I don't think an extra 15% bonus will make up lv1-100. Also it is a much longer dungeon with somewhat beefier mobs than it used to have. One of my normal dungeon swords has sadly only 10 max durability, and it broke early into floor 3. I one-handed its partner for the rest of the floor, and had to pull out my fanatic after CRK FH didn't kill the boss (also I'm guessing which boss you get is based on party now like rabbie? 4-man for Arachne? I'll need to rope some people into it). And that's with VIP for extra dura. I guess next time I should force a melody step first? Oh, and of course I didn't get a replacement mangled. What IS the fastest way to farm for those?

And what are the best link pets? Considering I'd probably need a new one to actually level up really high while young for maximum boost. Probably something like bone/phoenix/sheeptuplet with tons of health so it can tank for me?
    Last edited by callback; 03-30-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    40k caps it, it's been confirmed on overseas servers. But yeah, it takes time, and the chance is you maybe have your gears (or not, I think your pace is extremely slow, no offense, just giving my honest opinion).

I mean renown is a good plus, but by no means is it necessary. I'm not sitting at high renown either as I'd rather focus on my more immediate stats and gears.

AAHM 1-120 is not a stretch, you can get it with level 15 Enlightened Vision and 2x combat exp pot (which I think you can manage to get if you decide to buy NX from players or just hoard them from events like I did). The extra 15% actually does a LOT for AAHM and RAHM because mobs give you that much exp. And this isn't a dungeon where you used your "normal dungeon sword", this is where you use your high end equips if you have them and try to clear as fast as possible because you want to be effcient since compat exp pot and pet summon time has limits. I don't even use melody step and I use around 2-3 durability on my Ele bhafel, and 1-2 dura on my shuriken. Swords I don't have to worry about since I never use sword to clear except for FH. I don't use VIP either. As for farming mangled passes, you just gotta run adv dungeons (barri adv, fiodh, rabbie, etc), preferably with alts to get maximum possible number of passes. Alternatively, you can also hoard Alby pass boxes and hope for a low chance of hardmode pass.

As for best pet, the most popular ones are fallen fairy, bone dragon, and scooter. The first two have high (same) stats, with fallen fairy being preferred mainly because it's faster. Scooter has less hp but more protection. Other good pets to level are Tuan, Crystal Deer, and Imp Scooter.

Mabination User Dhaos has just left the soul stream Dhaos's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Levont
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by callback View Post
    Thanks for answering.
    I'm guessing milky way are just cosmetic, and "tuned" instruments work like having the accessory on?
    Sorry if this was addressed, but I didn't see an answer for it. Tuned instruments don't work like a hamelin's tuner. They're actually new sound codes for instruments. The whistle/flute are quite different, but the violin/cello is very minor.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    7XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    luckychannel
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhaos View Post
    Sorry if this was addressed, but I didn't see an answer for it. Tuned instruments don't work like a hamelin's tuner. They're actually new sound codes for instruments. The whistle/flute are quite different, but the violin/cello is very minor.
    Oh, ok. I'll dig around in 3ML and redo my config file to include them as selectable. See how they sound.

As for dungeons, my durability issue comes mainly from the fact that I was bash spamming for DPS while LR is on cooldown. Bash chews swords like they're nothing. Not sure I want to foot the repair bill on my CRKs for a normal run of AAHM outside of switching for final hits, and I don't even have 56/48 on them because those enchants practically don't exist anymore (nightmare black fog will have to do until we get a proper substitute/rerelease). Shuriken I do use for the basic/intermediate mob floors, but floor 3 is all magic & sword. I think the best thing for dura for me is possibly just not soloing. You never confirmed how many people I had to drag along with me to force Arachne and get the extra chests. Even if they are useless for damage they can still hold things busy so I can be patient and wait for more LR without having to worry about saving my linked pet.

And no, I don't multibox to just do that on my own. If I'm soloing, I'm stuck actually solo.
    Last edited by callback; 04-02-2017 at 03:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread