Race
    Human
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Completely unlikely, but...

So, I've had this thought for a while, and while I have a feeling this won't happen, I just thought I'd bring it up.

What if there was some way to regulate the economy?

One complaint I hear a lot from people is the economy in this game basically being nonexistent. But what if some of the community members took charge of that? I've had ideas for this for a while, but it's a big ambition that I don't expect to happen, but it's an idea nonetheless. Maybe a site could be in order to list said items and prices for users to easily access and look up prices. There, people could also suggest if a price is correct or not, and could be otherwise decided by administrators of the site, or other users. The ways I could see prices being addressed could be as followed:
    • Rarity of said item
    • How much demand for said item there is
    • Possibly the median of which others sell the item(?)
    • Possibly adding enchant and reforge to pricing
    • blacksmith and upgrade bonuses
    • Other bonus effects

Of course, this is all I can think of off the top of my head, meaning that there might've been things I missed. This is, again, just an idea so I don't expect it to happen. It'd be nice if it could though, it might make a lot of people happy, considering I've had people quit over Mabi's shaken and almost nonexistent economy. But let me know what you think! If someone is willing to help me realize this sudo dream of mine, that'd be great too, but I don't really expect that much.

P.S. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I couldn't find a proper place to post this aha

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    There already was a site like that, and it didn't really turn out so great.

I don't expect bonobo NA community members to get together to accomplish something as of this moment. By saying "some" of the community members, you make it sound easy because you might expect people to follow that. Chance is, it won't. Out of those "some" community members, there will be haters, and many people will be like "who are YOU to be arranging this and telling us what to do?", especially from long time high leveled, highly accomplished veterans (and your definition of veterans and my definition of veterans will be very different). For example, take a look at Ruairi Alliance Discord Server. It's a wreck in my opinion. Most players don't take the leader, Beorc, seriously.

What would really help Mabinogi's economy is the basic tutorial and the education of the players. Many players are not used to deep searching, and often don't search for more than 5 minutes. It's mostly because of how the general public education in the states is shitty, but it doesn't help that Nexon doesn't really give much of a tutorial to people that are newer to the market system present in Mabinogi.

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    There's no economy because there's no standard way to sell anything.
    You can:
    - spam party/other mass messages
    - housing shops
    - player shops
    - kiosks
    - websites that allow you to post such things

There's no proper market board that everyone can access easily and put up any valid sellable item, with a history of transactions and average prices.
    Any player attempts at such a service will fail horribly because they are not tied into the game and automated. There will be human error, greed or malicious intent, and lack of timely updates. There will also be severe lack of adoption due to not being an official channel. Without a vast majority of players using it, it is pointless.

What we need is for nexon to make a proper market board.

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Osayidan View Post
    You can:
    - housing shops
    - player shops
    - kiosks

There's no proper market board that everyone can access easily and put up any valid sellable item, with a history of transactions and average prices.
    Any player attempts at such a service will fail horribly because they are not tied into the game and automated. There will be human error, greed or malicious intent, and lack of timely updates. There will also be severe lack of adoption due to not being an official channel. Without a vast majority of players using it, it is pointless.

^
    This, this this! I've always hated the searching system for Mabinogi and just how hard it was to find enchants. If it wasn't on housing board you'd have to wander around the market spam searching hoping your pet came across what you were looking for in the first place. Then there's the curse of the lack of commas making it extremely easy to miss a 0 if you are tired or not paying attention.

Also saying a lack of education in the US as the cause is really condescending ironwoman. Not everyone in the US is dumb. There's plenty of brilliant and smart people in this country. So lack of education is not the reason the market sucks. You also forget that the US isn't the sole source of players. Canada, Europe, and Australia is just as well educated if not more so. Unless you are claiming that Korea is smarter than all of these places at which point, my point still stands.
    Last edited by Kingofrunes; 03-24-2017 at 07:31 AM.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofrunes View Post
    Also saying a lack of education in the US as the cause is really condescending ironwoman. Not everyone in the US is dumb. There's plenty of brilliant and smart people in this country. So lack of education is not the reason the market sucks. You also forget that the US isn't the sole source of players. Canada, Europe, and Australia is just as well educated if not more so. Unless you are claiming that Korea is smarter than all of these places at which point, my point still stands.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry that you feel offended, I guess

Of course the lack of education isn't the sole nor the main reason. However... it is worth noting that the reported events of scamming, frauds, catfishing, so-called hacking, etc, is much more prevalent than it does in KR server, comparing number of frequency to the general estimated population. Yeah yeah, I've seen smart people in the country, but how many of them are actually playing this game? As much as you might hate to admit it, a lot of the population in the NA server really isn't that well educated, especially when it comes to internet interactions, nor do they have the ability/willingness to take more time in searching.

But as I said before, the level of general players is only part of the problem. There are some things that are missing in NA mabi that are in KR mabi. First, a team of competent staff. Let's face it, majority of the NA team is incompetent, showcased by their often unclear announcements (especially the race rebalance update), unprofessional behavior (*cough* Soluna Blade *cough*), limited game knowledge (NA twitch streams), poor handling of players' situations (scammers/catfishers not directly punished by Nexon), and the list can go on. KR server has fixed almost all of these problems. Their GMs are knowledgeable players, each week in KR forums, scammers/frauds/catfishers/etc get published in public statements by GMs for people to see and get punished, report of unprofessional behavior is a long time gone thing in KR, etc.

Second, the auction board system. We're not talking about Cliona. There was another market system that was introduced in KR that has made it easier for players to buy, but that feature is still not present in NA, despite us getting the racial rebalance updates already. To be fair, we still don't have 10mil checks, some of smart content system, Aura of Palala, Ninja update, etc, so we'll never even know if it will reach here. One can hope, right?

Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Equivalent
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Mercantile
    Guild
    Sunrise
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    More prevalent here because more anonymity, didn't KR use SSNs for a long time, meaning once you were gone, you were gone?

Mabination User Amata has just left the soul stream Amata's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Amateratsu90
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Osayidan View Post
    You can:
    - housing shops
    - player shops
    - kiosks

I actually agree with this. I had suggested my previous suggestion though as I thought Nexon wouldn't actually do something like that, but apparently the KR servers have something like that? But if we could see something like that, It'd honestly work out for the best. I just wish the economy didn't suffer so much to the point of which it drives away people that want to play this game. It's not only hard for them, but hard for some f2p veterans to get enough money for most of the stuff that is sold by players.

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
    But as I said before, the level of general players is only part of the problem. There are some things that are missing in NA mabi that are in KR mabi. First, a team of competent staff. Let's face it, majority of the NA team is incompetent, showcased by their often unclear announcements (especially the race rebalance update), unprofessional behavior (*cough* Soluna Blade *cough*), limited game knowledge (NA twitch streams), poor handling of players' situations (scammers/catfishers not directly punished by Nexon), and the list can go on. KR server has fixed almost all of these problems. Their GMs are knowledgeable players, each week in KR forums, scammers/frauds/catfishers/etc get published in public statements by GMs for people to see and get punished, report of unprofessional behavior is a long time gone thing in KR, etc.

Second, the auction board system. We're not talking about Cliona. There was another market system that was introduced in KR that has made it easier for players to buy, but that feature is still not present in NA, despite us getting the racial rebalance updates already. To be fair, we still don't have 10mil checks, some of smart content system, Aura of Palala, Ninja update, etc, so we'll never even know if it will reach here. One can hope, right?
    I think all of these are the real problem. Not the issue of getting scammed or what not. Something that would be solved with a more dedicated market system. Like the Grand Exchange in Runescape or the GW2 Trading Post.

Of course NA Nexon's incompetence is the MASSIVE driving factor here. It's what caused me to quit Mabinogi. Had NA been competent, I wouldn't have lost thousands in investments in this damn game and I would still be playing it. Seriously, fuck NA Nexon. Why won't they just go away >.>
    Last edited by Kingofrunes; 03-25-2017 at 09:39 AM.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Equivalent
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Mercantile
    Guild
    Sunrise
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Because you guys feed them money, lots of money.

Chen Fanboy
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubog007 View Post
    Because you guys feed them money, lots of money.
    I haven't fed them any money in a year which means more whales took my place :/

Just shows how effective they are at dragging in new whales to feed them money.

[Tumblr|Youtube]

+ Reply to Thread