+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: When did the giant/elf feud start?

Mabination User mintyfreak has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

When did the giant/elf feud start?

I know that the giants/elves have been at war, but is there an exact date (real time) that the feud was announced? I highkey need to know this or I will not be able to stop thinking of it. welp.

The Assassin Yanm the shadow hero Yanm the shadow hero Yanm the shadow hero Yanm the shadow hero Yanm's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Yanm
    Total Level
    12xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Carpentry
    Guild
    Night
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Yanm
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by mintyfreak View Post
    I know that the giants/elves have been at war, but is there an exact date (real time) that the feud was announced? I highkey need to know this or I will not be able to stop thinking of it. welp.
    From what I remember, the fued started during the early days. So if you're fine with spoilers well

Giant/Elf spoilers

You fools would dare to challenge the king of light and darkness? So you choose to do and so you shall feel my wrath!

Goals: r1 Carp (x), r1 Shock (x), r1 Meteor (r3), r1 Bullet Storm (x), Learn Crisis Escape (), Learn Elemental Wave (), r1 smithing (rf), r1 Enchant (rB), Master Gunner (Champ), Master Adventurer (Wise)

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Krug flirted with Castanea this one time, Kirine got mad. Then shit happened.
    I think it's more believable than the official story.

Mabination User mintyfreak has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Ooo but I am looking for the actual date that the war was announced. I was told it was sometime in 2008. I want this information so I can calculate how many in-game years the war has been ravaging.

The Assassin Yanm the shadow hero Yanm the shadow hero Yanm the shadow hero Yanm the shadow hero Yanm's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Yanm
    Total Level
    12xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Carpentry
    Guild
    Night
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Yanm
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by mintyfreak View Post
    Ooo but I am looking for the actual date that the war was announced. I was told it was sometime in 2008. I want this information so I can calculate how many in-game years the war has been ravaging.
    You aren't going to find that. See, if by 2008 you mean when the Elves and giants were introduced. They came into the game according to the wiki on 2009. Because the Humans discovered the continent of Iria, where they're from. But the Elves and giants have existed looong before we found them. So in that sense, what I'm saying is no one knows when the war actually started. It was still going on when we discovered them, so there isn't an actual date.

You fools would dare to challenge the king of light and darkness? So you choose to do and so you shall feel my wrath!

Goals: r1 Carp (x), r1 Shock (x), r1 Meteor (r3), r1 Bullet Storm (x), Learn Crisis Escape (), Learn Elemental Wave (), r1 smithing (rf), r1 Enchant (rB), Master Gunner (Champ), Master Adventurer (Wise)

Mabination User OniZero the bear slayer at age 10 OniZero's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Osayidan View Post
    Krug flirted with Castanea this one time, Kirine got mad. Then shit happened.
    I think it's more believable than the official story.
    Castanea and Kirine were popular girls in highschool, but a gang of delincuents called the dragons started to harass them, on that moment Neamhain senpai as her Idol persona Irinid gave them make up sets like the one she uses, both Castanea and Kirine used them to accentuate their beauty and captivate enough people to dwarf the amount of members that the gang had, forcing them to disband.

Both Castanea and Kirine decided to use their group to hunt down every make up shop on the town aiming to take the place of Irinid, Neamhain feed up with their actitude decided to use her natural charm to severely dimish both Castanea and Kirine's fans and ordered her manager to make sure that they had a hard time to get make up that would make them look as petty as Irinid, then used her influence to send Castanea to Shikoku/Kyushu and Kirine to Hokkaido, after that...

Online (on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, etc.)
    Last edited by OniZero; 05-12-2017 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Sending Castanea to a place too unpopulated would make the story implode

The Grandma Fighter Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Back in the day there were virtual magazines called "Erinn Walker"s that released before/during every major update. There was one released right as Iria came out in the US. The US version of the update encompassed G4-7 all in one update so it added both Elves and Giants, and that magazine already had Elf Vs Giant sentiment. So that's the earliest I remember it being a thing in the US. Of course the whole thing happened long before that in KR, idk when it started there. In Korea, Elves came out in G5. Giants did not exist until G6. (Also fun fact, you used to not be able to make female giants, which is why Kirine looks so different from player female giants even before the G12 giant renewal.)

Mabination User Liesha has saved the goddess Liesha's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    JP Mabi
    Character
    Liesha
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Apricot
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Since everyone else gave you an answer according to lore within game, my answer would be in "real" date.
    It's whenever G6 Giants of Snowfield went live in server nearest to you. In NA that should be February 26th, 2009.

In JP server, it went live on 2007 April 26th. According to a lore I came across, elf players and human elf supporter players actually tried to raid Vales and they were completely 100% decimated by giant guards on day one of the update.

You just lost The Game!1! Gaby5011 the shadow hero Gaby5011 the shadow hero Gaby5011 the shadow hero Gaby5011 the shadow hero Gaby5011's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    link911
    Total Level
    12xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Ewecania
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Taxia
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    None
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Remember when the Giant/Elf Guards would attack supporters/other race? Good old times...
     Large image

Quote Originally Posted by Cho View Post
    Ironically, the happiest thing in the world can make you equally just as sad.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Yanm
    Total Level
    12xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Carpentry
    Guild
    Night
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Yanm
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaby5011 View Post
    Remember when the Giant/Elf Guards would attack supporters/other race? Good old times...
    Actually made sneaking into the other village fun and challenging.

+ Reply to Thread