+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hillwen Engineering

Chaos' is a friend of Nora Chaos' is a friend of Nora Chaos' is a friend of Nora Chaos''s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Got2ofthem
    Total Level
    5XXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Smithing
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Relic
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold

Hillwen Engineering

Hello everyone. Just got back from a long hiatus. End up getting the returned title, so now im attempting to complete engineering...

So does anyone got any tips? I noticed they patch the big crystal in the 3rd floor...
    Chaosruler | Human | Warrior | Fighter

Chaosranger | Elf | Ranger | NoLife Skill-er

Characters

Chaos Life Skill Guide

Chaos' Shop

It's Showtime.

<span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span> has disabled reputation <span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    To be honest, your best bet might be to idle on alts for the skill training seals during this event and save those for the higher ranks. Otherwise as far as the actual skill goes, it's incredibly grindy and you might also want to utilize the complete skill exp pots (1 hour and 1 day durations) that come from the current event to get you more training (stacks with title). I forget if engineering gets a boost from life skill training potions but if it does that's another 2x too which stacks with the title and other potion.

some details here:
    http://mabination.com/threads/87371-Momento?p=1299367

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Also, new AP training mechanic has been implemented. It works similar to Brionac training, but consumes AP. If you don't want to grind a skill, you can grind levels instead.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I'd actually recommend grinding levels right now, because you basically get 22-24 free levels from afking (golden fruits of exp)

It's Showtime.

<span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span> has disabled reputation <span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
    I'd actually recommend grinding levels right now, because you basically get 22-24 free levels from afking (golden fruits of exp)
    or grind fruits on all your alts from idling (and skill training seals, and complete exp pots) and then grind levels when the event is over. The new sheep event also gives 1 10 exp seal per day

The Grandma Fighter Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    If you're planning on grinding to 100 then stopping anyways, I'd recommend grinding to 99, then using a 500% exp fruit. Because of the weird exp chart discontinuity, you jump from lvl 99 to 109 or 110 depending on your current experience. From there it only takes a bit of exp to get to 110 if you're not 109, then you get 11 potential at lvl 110. TLDR, instead of reaching lvl 100, reach 99 then use a fruit.

Of course that only applies if you plan on stopping at lvl 100ish. It's still better to use it at higher levels than level 99 (just not in the early 100s).

Chaos' is a friend of Nora Chaos' is a friend of Nora Chaos' is a friend of Nora Chaos''s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Got2ofthem
    Total Level
    5XXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Smithing
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Relic
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Wow never knew about that kapra, guess this time around i'll try grinding to lvl 99 before i use those rb potions i have.

And yes, i've been idling away on my alts for the rewards. So at least i somewhat on track. I've also saved up at around 130 pts worth of training seals so that might help with the later lvls. And yes 4x training is incredibly helpful, yet the idea of making 200+ guns at rank 5 is still quite a daunting task.

And after trying to mine on floor 3 i notice a few things.

The top right side of the map is by far the easiest to clear then mine. There a mid size vein and 2 small ones. The huge one in the middle got patched a bit. I have seen ppl trying to edge into the corner from the right side and glitch into the back in a sense to mine. Now if you try to do that a few times you warp back to the front of the entrance.

Although it still possible to walk slowing to the edge and still mine the huge vein, but its much harder now.
    Chaosruler | Human | Warrior | Fighter

Chaosranger | Elf | Ranger | NoLife Skill-er

Characters

Chaos Life Skill Guide

Chaos' Shop

Mabination User selfbane has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Enthralling performance master + crisis escape are great if you want to mine but move the mobs away first. Killing mobs mean they respawn while you are drilling, moving mobs with the enthralling performance master title + crisis escape means they won't respawn on top of you without you being able to escape.

Frozen Yogurt
    Most helpful member of the year
    Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    CN Mabi
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I just returned to Mabinogi too. Right now, they are selling 12th anniversary boxes here (CN Mabi) with enhanced skill training seals. I made a tough decision and paid to rank all those annoying skills with them.

They patched a lot of places, which is sad.

But the tips on the ores will help for future use, thanks for sharing.
    Current mood:
    Year 2017: Returned after a 3 year hiatus from Mabinogi.
    CN Mabi [Main Server] Server: Eavan ~ Human ~ KR Test server too, sometimes

+ Reply to Thread