+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A possible elf revamp idea? (Don't know where to put this)

Mabination User Eremiyah has just left the soul stream Eremiyah's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Eremiyah
    Total Level
    XXXX
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    Vanguardia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

A possible elf revamp idea? (Don't know where to put this)

What if elves got access to a ballista as a deployable weapon? It's an archery weapon that has more range and damage but has a longer aim and you can't move besides in a 360 ish angle. Think of it as an archery version of the alchemy tower cylinder. Would any of you be okay with this if it happened? :)

Also probably the ability for giants to carry Elves.
    Last edited by Eremiyah; 08-13-2017 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Grammar :)

The Grandma Fighter Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    I don't think that alone would save the concept of Elves but it is something. The thing about a weapon like that would be, you'd have to sit somewhere where you have perfect range of everything in the map (which isn't too hard in most maps because most maps tend to be small like Tara Rath rooms or narrows halls in cave lord mission). That being said that's just one weapon, one weapon wouldn't be enough to justify a race in my opinion.

Problem is in NA Elves are seen as the underpowered race, why would you ever pick an Elf if you can just go Human? Wheras in Korea it's the other way around, Elves are seen as the overpowered race so they're not even attempting to revamp Elves. And I feel like the main issue is that the entirety of justifying the Elf race is mostly dependent on arguing in favor of Archery, but I don't feel like the only thing make or breaking a race should be one skillset alone, and the viability of Archery is the only thing separating the OP of Korean Elves from the underpoweredness of NA Elves. Adding another Archery weapon or even a whole new weapon type with no skills won't solve this issue, at least that's what I consider to be the main issue.

+ Reply to Thread