+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Which bow?

  1. #1
    The impatient Archer Chinaboy475 the bear slayer at age 10 Chinaboy475's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Someone
    Total Level
    1100
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Cuchulainn
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Over the Rainbow and Under the Sea
    Posts
    796
    Gold
    5,921

    Which bow?

    Hey this is my second thread and im wonderin which bow should i use? I have around 115 dex. (yes fail im working on refining right now)

  2. #2
    who Was Betrayed by the Goddess Arendel has saved the goddess Arendel's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Type
    Evie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    334
    Gold
    5,099
    LLB with max damage modifications is generally the best option for beginners. You can also try the composite bow if you value critical and tend to stay close to enemies when you shoot. When you get more dex, you can go for the 153 long bow, which is superior to the LLB in max damage and crit. You have a lot of options when it comes to bows, though, and they can all be useful depending on your needs. Don't feel limited by what I've said. In fact, this guide might be able to help you figure out what's best for you.

  3. #3
    The impatient Archer Chinaboy475 the bear slayer at age 10 Chinaboy475's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Someone
    Total Level
    1100
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Cuchulainn
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Over the Rainbow and Under the Sea
    Posts
    796
    Gold
    5,921
    eh im total round 400... im gonna choose 190 path for LLb and ty for the guide though i already read it in mabiguru lols just not that carefully xD

  4. #4
    The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Elegant
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Deployed: Middle East
    Posts
    5,186
    Gold
    84,439
    It doesn't matter too much at your level. Leather long bows are usually pretty reliable. At some point you should consider switching from upgraded/enchanted weapons to either a leather long bow, ring bow or wing bow.


  5. #5
    Mabination User Richard has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    sasukelao
    Total Level
    2900
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Mysterious
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    265
    Gold
    4,097
    Does egoing a bow increase its range? Some people say things that hint that it does, but I never really read it anywhere. I prefer upgraded dual swords over an upgraded sword and an ego sword, so I was considering a bow as an ego. But then again, I've never had a spirit weapon, so I don't really know what it'd be like to have an ego sword.
    B>Name Change

  6. #6
    Panda. Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Maoru
    Guild
    Sake
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Egesta
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    π
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,288
    Gold
    90,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Does egoing a bow increase its range? Some people say things that hint that it does, but I never really read it anywhere. I prefer upgraded dual swords over an upgraded sword and an ego sword, so I was considering a bow as an ego. But then again, I've never had a spirit weapon, so I don't really know what it'd be like to have an ego sword.
    They get 500 extra range methinks.

  7. #7
    Mabination User wolfram the noob elemental master
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Wolframhart
    Total Level
    3XXX
    Race
    Human
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    243
    Gold
    6,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    They get 500 extra range methinks.
    the extra range is dependent on which bow is egoed.

    it can range from 200-600 extra range

  8. #8
    The Assassin Yanm the dragon knight Yanm the dragon knight Yanm the dragon knight Yanm the dragon knight Yanm's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Yanm
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Night
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Yanm
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    70
    Guild
    Radiant
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East St. Louis, Illinois
    Posts
    1,371
    Gold
    7,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Arus View Post
    LLB with max damage modifications is generally the best option for beginners. You can also try the composite bow if you value critical and tend to stay close to enemies when you shoot. When you get more dex, you can go for the 153 long bow, which is superior to the LLB in max damage and crit. You have a lot of options when it comes to bows, though, and they can all be useful depending on your needs. Don't feel limited by what I've said. In fact, this guide might be able to help you figure out what's best for you.
    Actually....someone discovered a new upgrade path for the Long Bow. It's the 144 path on the wiki. It's the highest crit path, and compared to 153 path, it has a bit more balance, 6% more crit, and 5 less max. Anyway, what Arus said about the LLB is true. It's probably the best bow for beginners. Later on, you'd want to get the Long Bow that I mentioned, for that good blend of max and crit. Although...right now, you could technically get a Composite Bow and you should be able to use that effectively.
    @Richard, it mostly depends on what bow is egoed. A LLB get's 500 range, for a total of 2500. Ring Bow's range goes from 1800 to 2400, Wing Bow from 2000-2600, Crossbow from 1500-2000, Guardian Bow from 1700-2200, Composite Bow from 1700-1900. Also, an ego sword and upgraded sword would be much better than two upgraded swords. But you've never had an ego before. You'd have to feed it a lot of items to make it as strong as an upgraded weapon.


    You fools would dare to challenge the king of light and darkness? So you choose to do and so you shall feel my wrath!

    Goals:r1 Bow Mastery(r1), r1 Shock(F), r1 Crossbow Mastery(rF), r1 FH (x), r1 CM (x), r1 Smash (x), r1 Alchemy Mastery (x), r1 Weaving(x), r1 Axe Mastery(x), r8 First Aid(x), r1 Frozen Blast(r5), r1 Barrier Spikes(x), r6 Mana Shield (r8),

  9. #9
    The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Elegant
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Deployed: Middle East
    Posts
    5,186
    Gold
    84,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanm View Post
    Actually....someone discovered a new upgrade path for the Long Bow. It's the 144 path on the wiki. It's the highest crit path, and compared to 153 path, it has a bit more balance, 6% more crit, and 5 less max. Anyway, what Arus said about the LLB is true. It's probably the best bow for beginners. Later on, you'd want to get the Long Bow that I mentioned, for that good blend of max and crit. Although...right now, you could technically get a Composite Bow and you should be able to use that effectively.
    @Richard, it mostly depends on what bow is egoed. A LLB get's 500 range, for a total of 2500. Ring Bow's range goes from 1800 to 2400, Wing Bow from 2000-2600, Crossbow from 1500-2000, Guardian Bow from 1700-2200, Composite Bow from 1700-1900. Also, an ego sword and upgraded sword would be much better than two upgraded swords. But you've never had an ego before. You'd have to feed it a lot of items to make it as strong as an upgraded weapon.
    The JP wiki states that Spirit Crossbow's have 1800 range. Where did you get that info?

    IMO, Spirit Two-handed swords are more useful than duel upgraded/ego swords unless you can get yourself a Sword of Elsinore. The decreased hit count/speed results in much greater skill stun while the greater smash multiplier becomes more important with the advent of the new G13 mastery skills.

    As far as spirit ranged weapons are concerned,

    Wing Bow (149 ADACT, 2600 range, Fast speed, Slow stun)
    Ring Bow (151 ADACT, 2400 range, Normal speed, Very Slow speed)
    Leather Long Bow (147 ADACT, 2500 range, Slow speed, Slow stun)
    Crossbow (145 ADACT, 1800(2000?) range, Normal speed, Normal stun)


  10. #10
    The impatient Archer Chinaboy475 the bear slayer at age 10 Chinaboy475's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Someone
    Total Level
    1100
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Cuchulainn
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Over the Rainbow and Under the Sea
    Posts
    796
    Gold
    5,921
    im really confused now so which bow????

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks